VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

fuel sending unit questions

supernaut
    supernaut

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2012-10-15

fuel sending unit questions Empty fuel sending unit questions

Post by supernaut Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:27 pm

my van is coming out of the shop this week and they hit a bit of a snag. i bought a set of the Moon 4+1 gauges and most everything is hooked up all nice and proper, but there's an issue with the fuel sending unit. the fuel sending unit that comes with the guages has bolt holes so it can't be mounted in place of the original unit, which twists and locks into place. now, i have a brand new stock sending unit to put in, but apparently the Ohms are different, so the fuel level reading will be inaccurate. is there a unit that will be compatible, or a way to fix it without doing fab work to the tank?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

fuel sending unit questions Empty Re: fuel sending unit questions

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm

The gauges and the senders are a matched set,,,,so if you are in love with the aftermarket gauge and sender, you could drill a new hole and use self tapping screws to mount it in your tank,,,unless you can adapt the new sender guts and float onto your old pick up tube....I put new universal guts on old pick up tubes to make our original gauges work on our Chevys.....

fuel sending unit questions Repair11

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:34 am