VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+29
VanninBlaino
SuperJason
Axlejack
Gothboy
rebar
gotavan
Stoopid john
southern man
Barnabas
wildbillinva
itruns
NoBiggie
Space Truckin
austinmodhouse
Vanner63
Digz
MikeShums
Hellfish
kgdb
dix
Big W
vanny
chester42
RodStRace
DanTheVanMan
bensbus
dodge man
Twinpilot001
scarlin
33 posters

first gen crash safety help please

Vantastic
    Vantastic

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

first gen crash safety help please - Page 5 Empty Re: first gen crash safety help please

Post by Vantastic Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 pm

bensbus wrote:I have a snazzy piece of literature that I am currently having scanned that talks about the double walled nature of the nose of a 1st gen van. It is a factory instructional piece that discusses front crashes, how to replace the nose skin, and a host of other items relevant to service personnel concerned with these brand new vans (1964). Also included is some cool info comparing the 1st gen. Chevys to the Corvair vans they were replacing.

I saw a Corvair Greenbrier once that had hit a telephone pole head on- centered on the nose. The front end was smashed in for sure, but by the looks of it, the driver might have walked away. The front floor area was intact and looked like it could have been worse. Although lack of seat belts might have kicked my theory, this thread is not about lack of seat belts...

I will post the literature scan as soon as I get it back.

That's a sweet corvair Ben!! Sweet!
    bensbus
    bensbus

Number of posts : 171
    Registration date : 2012-09-23

first gen crash safety help please - Page 5 Empty Re: first gen crash safety help please

Post by bensbus Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Vantastic wrote:

That's a sweet corvair Ben!! Sweet!

Thanks, my brother. We have surely enjoyed it over many, many years and about 200,000 miles.

I like my Corvair Rampside, too, but nothing beats a van. I would sell the truck in a heartbeat if I could find a good G-van 108 somewhat locally...but not the van!

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:23 am