VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
ScottyJones
wideload
donivan65
7 posters

,,,,,,Da Bomb

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

,,,,,,Da Bomb Empty ,,,,,,Da Bomb

Post by donivan65 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Today Leftcoast65 brought over a 3:08 Nova rear end to check the axles, and pull the seals and bearings out of it,,,,,,and I did have to break out the acetylene torch to get one of those repair bearings out,,,,,HOWEVER,,,,,on the side of his doghouse, is a strange looking piece of equipment, which he says extracts the Hydrogen out of water and puts it into his air cleaner and burns it,,,,,,,so that is something you don't see on a Vintage Van everyday,,,,,,

,,,,,,Da Bomb Meyer_10

,,,,,,Da Bomb Meyer_11

,,,,,,Da Bomb Meyer_12

,,,,,,Da Bomb Meyer_13

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

,,,,,,Da Bomb Empty Re: ,,,,,,Da Bomb

Post by wideload Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:34 pm

I've seen a set of plans to build one of those. Can't remember where. What did he say about it?? Did it increase his fuel mileage?

ScottyJones
    ScottyJones

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-08-17

Post by ScottyJones Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Ive heard of people getting noticeable results with hydrogen fuel cells. Im really curious what results he is seeing. Would be fun to build one of these!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:38 pm

,,,,,That was it,,,,,me using an acetylene torch and him generating Hydrogen gas 6 feet away,,,,,,this is his story,,,,,he better not cause the van show to shut down next week when they find what he is doing in that van,,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:40 pm

He built it,,,,,,those sure are a bunch of Home Depot parts there,,,,,
    Leftcoast65
    Leftcoast65

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-08-27

,,,,,,Da Bomb Empty Da Bomb ! ! !

Post by Leftcoast65 Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 am

wideload wrote:I've seen a set of plans to build one of those. Can't remember where. What did he say about it?? Did it increase his fuel mileage?

WideLoad I had just hooked it up and made the run to Donivan house to get some help with a 3:08 rear end as he said. I can tell you on that 98 mile round trip, I picked up a little better that 2 mpg. So I went from 11 mpg to 13+ avg mpg. The kit claims the mileage will get better as the plates season and I need to complete the PVC modification.

Some affidavits that I have read claim 15% to 40% increase in mpg. I will keep this tread posted how mine performs and post pictures(when I can make some time to learn how do it) of the generator build. (maybe I should get Donivan to post them for me Smile)

PS. As Donivan stated all 95% of the parts were from Home Depot, Loews and Ace Hardware. It's an experiment using HHO gas to get my mpg to 22 mpg.

I'll keep you posted!
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:39 am

now this is something interesting. do keep us updated. you think it will hit 88 mph with the help of HHO? time travel should be the next goal for our vans, after the 22 mpg mark.
    Leftcoast65
    Leftcoast65

Post by Leftcoast65 Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:07 am

austinmodhouse wrote:now this is something interesting. do keep us updated. you think it will hit 88 mph with the help of HHO? time travel should be the next goal for our vans, after the 22 mpg mark.

Some have reported an increase of power but I have not experience that yet . . . but its still early. Doing a lot of driving this weekend to get it broken in and season the plates as they (the experts) would say.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:30 am

when i was on vacation in the philippines for 3 weeks = I had a reliable person tell me they have 3 vehicles in use daily on a homeade Hydrogen type cell -just uses water. I didnt see it yet is being done -so for this application guys -wheres the plans . site located? interesting ?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 am

So H2OLC65,,,,,,what is the basic explanation of the system,,,,,,,you have a cylinder,,,,you fill it with water,,,you run 12 volts into it through some plates inside it that extracts the Hydrogen out of the water,,,,,it flows over to the other cylinder for storage,,,,then through a hose to the air cleaner,,which the airflow sucks it down into the carburetor and burns it,,,,,so it is like a nitrous set up,,,,,you are adding fuel,,,more potent fuel,,,,into your air stream,,,,,now these plans, to build the system,which look to be basically common hardware store parts, look pretty inexpensive,,,,,so how much money are we talking about for the plans and for those parts?
    ScottyJones
    ScottyJones

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-08-17

Post by ScottyJones Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:36 am

Looks like you can get pre-assembled kits on ebay for around 100 bucks...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-HYDROGEN-HHO-GENERATOR-KIT-fuel-cell-browns-gas-/190717788143?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c67aa7fef&vxp=mtr

I remember them testing this setup on Mythbusters once and it didn't work. But apparently they didn't have the proper plates on the generator and they didnt add anything to the water. I guess you have to add something to the water that makes it more conductible...like baking soda.
    Leftcoast65
    Leftcoast65

,,,,,,Da Bomb Empty How It works

Post by Leftcoast65 Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 pm

donivan65 wrote:So H2OLC65,,,,,,what is the basic explanation of the system,,,,,,,you have a cylinder,,,,you fill it with water,,,you run 12 volts into it through some plates inside it that extracts the Hydrogen out of the water,,,,,it flows over to the other cylinder for storage,,,,then through a hose to the air cleaner,,which the airflow sucks it down into the carburetor and burns it,,,,,so it is like a nitrous set up,,,,,you are adding fuel,,,more potent fuel,,,,into your air stream,,,,,now these plans, to build the system,which look to be basically common hardware store parts, look pretty inexpensive,,,,,so how much money are we talking about for the plans and for those parts?

The plans I bought online for $65. This was after a very long conversation with a friend of mine who builds CNG and Hydrogen buses for municipalities. I looked around online for a few days until I found this site:

HybridWaterPower.com

I like the way the guy broken down the science and stress the safety facts of using HHO gas. He also provides a shopping list of parts and the source of the parts if you want to build your own. Like I said earlier 95% of the parts came from Home Depot, Loews and Ace Hardware. I order a 80 amp relay from a place out of Texas and got a 40 amp fuse holder and fuses from Frys Electronics.

Sure I could have bought a kit online as them sell them anywhere from $100 to $900, but I wanted to build one so I could understand the science and methodology. Total cost of all parts was about $178.00

How it works.
    The big cylinder you see in the above picture in the actual HHO generator. There is a series of stainless steel plates in a bath of distilled water and a electrolyte solution( I'm using (KOH) Potassium Hydroxide). Remember back in High School Physics class (If you were not absent that day) Smile "When electricity flows between two metal plates or wires that are immersed in water, the water is broken down into its basic molecules - Hydrogen and Oxygen through a process called electrolysis.

The Hydrogen and Oxygen are separated and become a gas made up of Hydrogen, Hydrogen and Oxygen-HHO Gas.

The battery/alternator through a 40 amp fuse and 80 amp relay-wired to the ignition with a rocker switch, provides the electricity and the steel plates in distilled water and KOH provide the bath for electrolysis. Thus HHO gas is only produced when the ignition is on. Right now about 3 liters a minute.

As the gas builds up pressure (yes there is a pressure relief valve) it moves into the small cylinder which is actual a Bubbler that filled with tap water. The bubbler prevents backfire from going to the power cell otherwise you do have a bomb on your hands. affraid The two clear tubes on the sides of both cylinders are water level sight tubes to help in keeping the cells wet. As the HHO gas leaves the Bubbler it is introduced to the intake air stream and mixed with the air/HHO/gasoline in the carb via the Venturi effect.

Interesting facts about HHO Gas.
    Burns faster actually cooling your engine temperatures
    Burns Cleaner, thus eliminating pollutants
    Increases Horsepower (has 3 times more energy than the same weight of Gasloline)
    Reduces Carbon Dioxide, Monoxide, and particulates
    Causes Gasoline to burn better - You use less gasoline (you can lean out your carb)
    Saves money on gasoline by increasing your MPG
    Cleans the inside of your engine-more compete burn and it scavenges for carbon deposits.
    Works with any engine - Gas, Diesel, Bio Fuel
    Water is so dense, one liter of water will produce 1,800 liters of HHO gas.

All of this is great, but as my friend Cuba Gooding Jr would say, SHOW ME THE MONEY! for me its SHOW ME THE MPG INCREASE!

I'll keep ya posted.

mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:55 am

I looked at doing this a few years back and after reading both sides of the story decided against it.

Would love to be able to be confidant in something like this but there were so many saying it works and so many saying it doesnt that I never made the kit. I paid for the plans somewhere but then never wasted the money past that point.

From the way it was explained, you can not make energy out of nothing. For example, why cant we make an electric car that has an electric motor that turns a generator to supply the power for the electric motors that turn the wheels? There needs to be an outside power source. So I was told that the extra power it would take to break down enough of the HHO to make a difference would take more power than it would make from it.

I cant prove for or against, since I never finished the build. I seen a few truckers that had a 6-12 canister set and they said they seen improvements claimed by the FORS, of course the AGAINSTs said it was wishful thinking and that people see what they want to see.

Wish I had kept those plans, I dont even remember what site I got them from. Really interested in hearing what you have seen in use of your system.
    Leftcoast65
    Leftcoast65

,,,,,,Da Bomb Empty Update . . no Update

Post by Leftcoast65 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Not much has happen as I blew out my radiator after the last post. Before my trip. So now I'm in search of a radiator for less than $300.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:06 am