VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+18
Nightmoves
Lazarusvan
Henrik
kayjsharp
wylee
bugeye bob
EconoUSAparts
m1dadio
Barnabas
kookykrispy
slowflapper
VANagain
austinmodhouse
Scott
mcfly
Twinpilot001
HandiVanMan
Admin
22 posters

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone?

Poll

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone?

[ 19 ]
    Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_lcap8%Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 55 ]
    Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_lcap25%Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 43 ]
    Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_lcap19%Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_lcap7%Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 40 ]
    Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_lcap18%Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 52 ]
    Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_lcap23%Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? I_vote_rcap [23%] 

Total Votes: 224
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? Empty Do you visit the forum with your smart phone?

Post by Admin Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am

I had a few questions about getting on the forum with smart phones...

one tip from another's recent experience... to post etc., at the bottom (from what I understand) is an option to view the site in the "classic version"... that seems to make a big difference... at this time, I am not getting any options for easier usage with phones on our admin pages to update or change mobile colors and such...
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? Empty Re: Do you visit the forum with your smart phone?

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:57 am

I only use my iPhone but only in classic mode.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? Empty Re: Do you visit the forum with your smart phone?

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I dont even want a smart phone or even a cell- if u need me -send a snail mail letter!! affraid
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Yes sometimes and if I remember right I could not sign on
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

iPhone in classic mode, don't like the mobile version.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:59 pm

yes, the mobile version doesn’t work as it applies a blackish font over blackish background. classic version works/looks same as when on my mac and pc
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 pm

I was happy to see there was a mobile version of our forum but it is unusable with the black text over the dark gray background. There's got to be a way to change that. Plus I don't like how every image opens in a new window.

I'm okay with using the classic version on my iPhone. Nowadays I read our forum more on my phone than on my PC.

I would like a way on my iPhone to post photos to ServImg. Can't do that on the site the way we do on a PC. I'd need an app for that. I could switch over to Photobucket but ServImg is so easy (once you know how, that is!).

Bug likes this post

slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:57 pm

yep, via android "gingerbread" OS
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 am

Yup, I check it out with my iphone... but in the safari browser. I do not use the mobile ap either
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? Empty smart phone??

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:17 am

Heck=NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont even use a cell anylonger- i dont want calls- im a hermit that loves Vans

underdodge likes this post

Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:23 pm

I just tried on iPad. Mobile mode is bad. It has bad colors and no way to log in.

Classic mode works great!
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm

my cell phone aint that smart

Do you visit the forum with your smart phone? Cell_p10

M1D

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Been usin classic for a while now. Its a real time saver to be able to access it on the phone versus waiting til I get home to use the computer. I get tons of emails and messages so anything to make life easier I'm all over it.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 pm

my cellphone was once owned by fred flintstone if that gives you a idea how outdated it is. i like it like my vintage van - both outdated but they work for me..

wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:39 am

i wish i could download pics from my android, it would save a lot of time..
    kayjsharp
    kayjsharp

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post by kayjsharp Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 am

What is the classic version of the iPhone? How is it beneficial in everyday life?
    Henrik
    Henrik

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-11-26

Post by Henrik Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:02 pm

i usually check out the portal with my Nokia N8 , otherwise it works fine but for example links to craigslist are a small downside, i cant copy/paste the links so i will always have to first go to craigslist and search it manually by state and so on.

and beeing a finn, i really dont know straightaway which state all places are.
    so i have to google first the place and then go on from there.

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Smart Phone=???????????? I still have to crank mine to get an Operator= thats as smart as they get? affraid

Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

I just saw this, but wanted to comment. My experience has been that it is too slow to load and used to kill my battery in the process. Haven't tried recently.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:49 pm

I read up on VV a lot at work using cell phone.Just like Austin wrote,the background blue over grey screen can't be read.I finally found the classic version and looks just great like what we see normally.
    Still don't know or figured how to copy/paste or post a pic via phone.But could be mostly my lack of knowledge.lol
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Twinpilot, do you have to climb the telephone pole to make a call?
    ndjarrett
    ndjarrett

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2011-05-01

Post by ndjarrett Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 am

wylee wrote:i wish i could download pics from my android, it would save a lot of time..

Me too!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 am

NOT YET DAN!!= lol! ---I dont use a smart phone -no need!! I have a cell that disability buys me -yet I dont even want any calls on that!! Remember= when someones calling you - they usually =always have a problem!! Wanting you to fix it 4 them too!! affraid  so do I use a smart phone to access this site= HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers 
    Dawgboy
    Dawgboy

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Dawgboy Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 am

Occasionally from my iPhone, but I find it to be a frustrating experience. Tapatalk is pretty awesome, what would it take to integrate it? BTW I have Mediawiki and PHP experience and am willing to help with IT needs...
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 am

The definition of a smart phone is a phone that dumps all incoming call in to a voice mail with out ringing and has no option for voice mail access

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:42 pm