VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Pulling the Plug

cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Pulling the Plug Empty Pulling the Plug

Post by cl350rr Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:56 am

after several months of deliberation, during which no work got done, I have decided to scrap what is left of my truck rather than continue work on it. My butt hurts from all that sitting on the fence...

by the time I would have completed the project, the only parts that would still be from this truck would be the frame engine and suspension, the roof from the beltline up the front fender wells, the engine house top and the dash.

I would have to fabricate most of the rest of the truck.

I got the truck as a retirement project but shortly after getting it home and starting to collect parts, we made the decision to move from here within the next 4 years. the exact date is not firm so I have no timeline within which to work. the last thing I want is to get a bunch of the panels I have collected welded into place and then have to sell or scrap the truck so I have decided to cut my losses, store some of the parts for the next truck and part out what is left. I will be posting some parts in the for sale section within the next few weeks.

it is a 66 5 window cab pickup located in Virginia Beach.

this is will not be my last Econoline,

Randy
    Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

Pulling the Plug Empty Re: Pulling the Plug

Post by Vanadian Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I scrapped my first 66 Chevy too, its a tough choice. These earlies always need attention, so even though I bought mine done, it ain't done. I'm a driver.

Good luck Randy, Find "the one" and roll on.

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Randy, I know it's a tough call but you can certainly look at it as a learning process, thanks for the dash pad, good luck to you and keep hanging around the forum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm