VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
jrinaman
HandiVanMan
Vanish
7 posters

Can Some one Please explain this to me ????

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Can Some one Please explain this to me  ????  Empty Can Some one Please explain this to me ????

Post by Vanish Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 pm

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Can Some one Please explain this to me  ????  Empty Re: Can Some one Please explain this to me ????

Post by HandiVanMan Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Free advertising for all of his junk!!! There is another guy on eBay that does the same pony trick. He holds up a lug nut off of a junk car that he is junking out. I think he puts $20 for the lug nut to but he is just using eBay for free advertising.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Can Some one Please explain this to me  ????  Empty Re: Can Some one Please explain this to me ????

Post by Vanish Tue May 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Got it ....

jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Tue May 08, 2012 8:51 pm

so did you get the hubcap?
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I bet Rick Down at Ricks Restorations could make that hubcap look like new for??? I'm gonna say around $1700.00 & you could even be on his TV show at that price. lol!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epaTcDxt7rU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    pan58head
    pan58head

Number of posts : 512
    Registration date : 2010-03-15

Post by pan58head Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 am

The sad part is ebay used to be a cool place to be able to buy and sell parts. But ebay has added so many fees that it's hard to be able to give someone a deal on a parts. Then everbody things they have that rare one of a kind item. "as seen on american nose pickers" Bob
    cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post by cl350rr Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 am

Well, I accepted all of the added fees right up to the point where they started charging a fee based on the shipping charges in the auction. now in order to not loose money you have to ask more than the part is worth or charge a handling fee, or gouge on shipping.

BTW, in the early Jeepster world, those hubcaps are quite sought after and worth restoring if you need one
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 am

Yes =these types are rip -offs -look at left side of his hubcap add - see all the catagories hes selling -the hubcap is just a decieving way to show all his other stuff alos . be careful when dealing with these types. There is another one we here watch for thats very bad - think hes called "Parts Stalkers" in the ebay ads ?? Here in our groups are the best sellers of our van parts.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed May 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Yeah, it used to be a good place. Due to all the tactics they have implemented over the past 4-5 years, they have chased all the interesting stuff and sellers off, and replaced them with the S.O.S. (Same Ol' S###) drop shippers that list a bunch of new junk. Lower control arms that (Fits:A-100)!?! Mad
    The most recent one is the placement AGAIN.
    They had it where you sorted by price or year and it always showed the 'premium' ads first. That went away after complaints, but now it's back again.
    If I sort by Oldest first, I really don't want to see a couple pages of stuff that starts at 1981!
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Wed May 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Yea I used to sell alot on eBay but with all of the fees & the fact that they charge a final value fee & paypal on the shipping charges I don't use them much anymore. I usually use Craigslist now. Sometimes it's a hassle there to with spam & people wanting to play 20 questions but atleast it's free to buy and sell on there.
    cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post by cl350rr Wed May 09, 2012 1:39 pm

RodStRace wrote:
    The most recent one is the placement AGAIN.
    They had it where you sorted by price or year and it always showed the 'premium' ads first. That went away after complaints, but now it's back again.
    If I sort by Oldest first, I really don't want to see a couple pages of stuff that starts at 1981!

thanks, I was wondering what had happened. I noticed the other day that oldest first kind means oldest in the middle now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:46 am