VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

turn signal switch

turn signal switch Empty turn signal switch

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 am

Hi, I have a 1964 econoline pickup I'm close to getting back on the road.
    The turn signal wasn't working so I pulled the wheel. The cam looked fine but after I removed it I found a couple of places where the plastic is broken on the actual switch mechanism.
    I have checked around (CJ and others) and everyone is telling me that this econoline switch is not being reproduced.
    Does anyone know a source for this switch new or has someone figured out if another settup (f100 or mustang or something) can be made to work and look stock?
    thanks
    Bob, Venice, CA
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

turn signal switch Empty Re: turn signal switch

Post by austinmodhouse Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 pm

mine has a crappy universal switch, straps on to the column by what looks like a hose clamp and it has no auto return. but it passed inspection and it works.
    eric67vanpkup
    eric67vanpkup

Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 2010-12-07

turn signal switch Empty turn signal switch

Post by eric67vanpkup Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:10 pm

I can look at some of my early columns and see if I have a decent used one. I will keep you posted. If you just need the plastic cam there are some on eBay. The part number SM 9. Hope this helps.

Eric. Ms

turn signal switch Empty switch

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
    Eric, the cam is fine but the die cast ring and a piece of the plastic is broken on the switch that is riveted to the column.
    I swapped in another one I that came with the pickup and it works fine if used gently.

I did notice that there is a nos switch like mine on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-FoMoCo-1961-1966-Ford-Truck-Econoline-Turn-Signal-Switch-Mounting-Plate-/380395272812?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5891533a6c

At $210 it seems pretty steep.

regards
    Bob
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:23 pm

I got one of those universal turn signals,,,,I like the 4 way flasher on it,,,,I bolted it right to my column,,,,,and for those of you that want to get a BUZZ when you turn,,,,solder a little buzzer onto the turn signal arrow socket,,,,,

turn signal switch Buzzer10

turn signal switch Buzzer11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:14 pm