VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Newbie Here!

hemicop
    hemicop

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2011-12-18

Newbie Here! Empty Newbie Here!

Post by hemicop Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm

SOOO, I found myself a fairly nice A100 P/U in N.M. & like many it's seen better days. I've gutted it, asseessed what it needs (ALOT!) but i can do quite a bit myself. Unfortunately someone, somewhere along the line saw fit to put in an Olds 350 & trans in it. The install seems to have been done "okay" but I don't like "crossbreeds" Does anyone know if a Mopar smallblock can/will bolt up to the GM chassis mounts someone bolted in? It looks like it will but I'm just not sure.
    PS---the truck was complete right down to its original radio, they just screwed up the driveline! Evil or Very Mad
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Newbie Here! Empty Re: Newbie Here!

Post by G-Man Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Welcome to the site!!!!
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:15 am

Hemicop I cant really offer any advice in your situation other than what I do. I'd do whatever it took to get a Mopar V8 back in that thing.

I mean really, what kind of godless heathen puts a small block chevy into an A100 Smile
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:58 am

Without knowing exactly how the swap was performed, there is no way to say what needs to be done to get a SBM back in there. Pictures would help, but even that can hide important info.
    I see that you are in PHX. I'm a couple hours North and you are welcome to come up and take a look at what I've got sitting around here. Just PM me here and we can work something out. Of course, this week is booked!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:40 pm

I doubt the Mopar motor will bolt in place of the Olds that was put into it. It really pains me to see crap from the General being put in our far superior vehicles.
    You may be lucky to just unbolt the mounts from the frame and bolt stock V8 mounts back onto the frame and bolt your engine right to it and be done. It really all depends on what has hacked up to do the swap. If it was done to put a GM product in it the swap surely was cheezed some way or they would have just done it right and put a Mopar in it to begin with.
    Can you feel the love I have for the General ;-) ?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm

welcome aboard....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:57 pm