VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

wiper problem

wiper problem Empty wiper problem

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:21 am

ill try and keep this simple....turn on the switch to my wipers and all i see is the wiper arms twitch just a tad.. my remedy was to leave switch on and try to move wiper arms by hand to give it a little help,but it didnt work..also tapped on the wiper motor while the switch is on....nothing. any ideas on this ????tnx oh by the way this site is very informative and the expertise some of you vanners have is very helpful...very cool site.will have pics up of my 65 soon.....jerry
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

wiper problem Empty Re: wiper problem

Post by whopman Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am

sounds as if your wiper arms under the dash could use some lubing to start with...try unhooking wiper arms and then turn on switch to see if motor is doing its job...if it is then the arms could be in a bind needing the lube.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Yes check the linkage under the dash. One of mine got pushed down below the windshield onto the body. I didn't notice it until I had tried to turn on the wipers. When I did it jammed the linkage against the underside of the dash.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:43 pm

wideload wrote:Yes check the linkage under the dash. One of mine got pushed down below the windshield onto the body. I didn't notice it until I had tried to turn on the wipers. When I did it jammed the linkage against the underside of the dash.
    tnx for your reply.
    gotavan
    gotavan

Number of posts : 242
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by gotavan Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Don't forget that the wiper motor is hot whenever the ignition is on, the switch just grounds the wiper motor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:18 pm