VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
Old Skool
score602
stabbinwagon
Barnabas
61econoline
Smallblockbug
Twinpilot001
donivan65
G-Man
Vanish
14 posters

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Empty I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions

Post by Vanish Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I Just Got a 302 .. From a member Here !! and I got a couple of Questions .. On it ... I cant read the serial Numbers on it too well ..

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish38-vi

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish39-vi

I Think it'a a 69-70 Bronco Motor !!! But cant seem to Find any Marks on the Balencer ...

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish35-vi

And also .. I am wondering what Kind of Carb I should Run on it ???

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish33-vi

And what Kind of Exhast as well ????

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish31-vi

Thanks in adavace .. Need your Input !!!!!!!

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Empty Re: I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions

Post by G-Man Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Sorry I can't help with the vin, but that's a Bad looking 302
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Empty Re: I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions

Post by Vanish Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

And I am also wondering if this Oil Pan Clears the Big six Crossmember ????

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish34-vi

Last edited by Vanish on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:07 pm

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish41
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Empty ford id codes

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

[ihere u go =ford engine ID codes are located in the following places=(casting codes)=right rear area of the block -just above the starter. actual date code for manfactuer is located on the block deck area just below the distributor. and just above the fuel pump. get those & repost - let u know then. What u r looking @ in the fotos is likely a builders id on a build sheet = dont think =Chev - think ford = chevs easy!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:20 pm

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish42-vi

Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2011-01-27

Post by Smallblockbug Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

D1ZM-6015-AA

Unknown or incomplete Application. At best, the information listed is an educated guess71+ 302 Mexican block

Bore 4.00"

Heavy duty main caps
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Post by Smallblockbug Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks a lot, Edd, we may come back to this. BTW - having a D1ZM-6015-AA mexican block - I was told it is a stiffer block and was often used for export and preferred for modified engines. Can you enlighten me with the truth about the Mexican 302 block and the Motorsport 302 block?
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Post by Smallblockbug Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm

just some things i found online
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 pm

I have had several SBF motors over the years a good carb choice imo is a 600 cfm edelebrock runs good right out of the box.the last econo pick-up I used a set of 5.0 mustang factory headers on common and cheap.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 pm

61econoline wrote:I have had several SBF motors over the years a good carb choice imo is a 600 cfm edelebrock runs good right out of the box.the last econo pick-up I used a set of 5.0 mustang factory headers on common and cheap.

Do you Know if that oil Pan will clear the Crossmember ?? Thanks'.......

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Empty Mexican Block!!

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 am

[i]http://mustangtek.com/block/Block.html
    Heres the id link= yes 71 up mexican block. see if its overbored?? bet it is?? Also = check for it being sleved in one or more bores?? Ive seen new factory blocks in new cars that were sleved from the factory!!
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 am

Vanish wrote:
    61econoline wrote:I have had several SBF motors over the years a good carb choice imo is a 600 cfm edelebrock runs good right out of the box.the last econo pick-up I used a set of 5.0 mustang factory headers on common and cheap.

Do you Know if that oil Pan will clear the Crossmember ?? Thanks'.......

As I recall, Ford made three different oil pans for the 302. Options had the sump in the front, middle, and rear. You need to get the oil pickup that corresponds to the oil pan.
    stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2011-10-07

Post by stabbinwagon Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:04 pm

that is one sharp looking 302! im guessing its a 69 block with 72 heads,,,,i have a pair of ceramic coated headers that would fit perfect on it!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 pm

,,,,,,,do you miss it already?????
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:19 pm

stabbinwagon wrote:that is one sharp looking 302! im guessing its a 69 block with 72 heads,,,,i have a pair of ceramic coated headers that would fit perfect on it!

Thats Probably a Good geuss LOL... How Much for the headers ?? Do you think they would Clear every thing on the van ?? You woulden't Happen to Have a Edelbrock 600 Carb for it would you ??? Don cant find any marks on the Balancer !!! what should we Look for ????

stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Post by stabbinwagon Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 pm

donivan65 wrote:,,,,,,,do you miss it already?????
    yes the garage feels empty with out it!!
    stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Post by stabbinwagon Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Vanish wrote:
    stabbinwagon wrote:that is one sharp looking 302! im guessing its a 69 block with 72 heads,,,,i have a pair of ceramic coated headers that would fit perfect on it!

Thats Probably a Good geuss LOL... How Much for the headers ?? Do you think they would Clear every thing on the van ?? You woulden't Happen to Have a Edelbrock 600 Carb for it would you ??? Don cant find any marks on the Balancer !!! what should we Look for ????

I'm not quite sure what you should look for,I think you should stick it in and start it up! No I dont have a carb for it,,I bought a 5.0 upper and lower intake manifold awhile back,,I was planning on going with fuel injection.....the headers I have look like they might work,,I have a v8 cross member on my van now and a c4 I will go out to the garage in a few and see if i can lay the headers in and take a few pics.
    stabbinwagon
    stabbinwagon

Post by stabbinwagon Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:38 pm

i dont see these headers ever fitting in the dog house with a 302,,the headers on my six look like a fat girl in spandex

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Bill, Sean Odell makes headers specifically for that motor and they are made to fit in your doghouse. I had them and used a high torque mini-starter on mine. He only makes parts for early Econos.
    score602
    score602

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2010-04-05

Post by score602 Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:14 am

stabbinwagon wrote:i dont see these headers ever fitting in the dog house with a 302,,the headers on my six look like a fat girl in spandex

EWW! i painted a terrible picture in my head
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Wrong oil pan,, you need a front sump pan. Also an angled oil filter adapter works perfectly. Personally, I have thrown out at least four sets of the 5.0 headers, they are all over the place for free.
    The Mexican block is the sought after block, and changing it over to a single pc seal. Good aftermarket roller cam install kit does a world of wonder.... roller lifters also, lots of hspwr gain there. Depending on the cam shaft you put in,,generally a 650 Holley is hard to beat.
    vic..

BTW,, I made some mount spacers for you...
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Here is what it is right now,,,,,how about the pan off the 351?

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish66

I Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  Vanish67
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:48 pm

Krud,,,the other pan is not EVEN close,, LOL!

The 351W and the 302W are identical,,, front sump,,,
    I made you a set of block spacers, but with the right pan you shouldn't need them,,, Yours will sit different than this one as the one in this picture is a custom set with a 351W....
    Let me know, bro,,,
    vicI Got a V8 ....... Got some Questions  100_1122
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Hey Vic,
    I have the new 302 engine in San Diego, Vanish has the van and the old 351 engine up in Riverside,,,,,so I just put on whatever parts that show up on my doorstep,,,,Vanish decides what he wants,,,,,and we are doing it one piece at a time,,,,,so right off the bat, the oil pan is wrong,,,,the motor mounts that came with the engine are wrong...and that oil filter needs to be relocated with an adapter,,,,so one step at a time until there is enough pieces on the 302 to bring it up to Riverside and put it into that Ford Van.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:54 am