VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

working on the inside of the supervan

sunnskate
    sunnskate

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

working on the inside of the supervan Empty working on the inside of the supervan

Post by sunnskate Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 pm

1. I started framing the inside of the supper van this weekend I think Im on the right track? wellworking on the inside of the supervan 2011-110 I hope so. If any on has constructive criticism I'm game
    sunnskate
    sunnskate

working on the inside of the supervan Empty Re: working on the inside of the supervan

Post by sunnskate Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:45 pm

working on the inside of the supervan 2011-112
    sunnskate
    sunnskate

working on the inside of the supervan Empty Re: working on the inside of the supervan

Post by sunnskate Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm

I all most forgot about the fuel over flow hose. That would of made a nice smell ever time i parked on the driver side at a tilt.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Looks great ! When I used the studs I just tried to make sure none of the edges were in a position to make a squeak or rubbing sound.
    sunnskate
    sunnskate

Post by sunnskate Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I put an extra piece of Fat mat on all the metal to metal touch points. I hope that will work. Do you think?
    sunnskate
    sunnskate

Post by sunnskate Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm

I was thinking of putting one in" foam in the wall for sound/ R factor.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:27 pm

With all that FatMat on there I can't believe sound deadening would have to be made better? You guys out there in the SW have a entirely different battle than we do here when it comes to insulation. I'm not running any at all except the padding on the interior panels and it stays cool enough for me here in MI. I dont drive it much if any during the winter here so keeping heat in isnt a big deal either. I do know rigid styrofoam can squeak,A buddy of mine used it and complained about it, how much I dont know. And I dont remember how he put it in. The last one I insulated I used fiberglass batting with no paper/vapor barrier, not over stuffed at all and used 3M spray adhesive to hold it so it didnt settle down. frost would thaw at the ribs on the outside first. I dont know if there is a real right or wrong on any of the ways guys insulate.
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Super nice job

M1D

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am

nice job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:54 pm