VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Econoline truck owners

Econoline truck owners Empty Econoline truck owners

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 am

All right all you Econoline truck owners. I want to know what you paid for your truck when you bought it, and how much you have invested in it so far. Add some detail about how it was when you got it and how it is now too please. I'm trying to get an idea of what my money pit is gonna cost me in the long run Smile. I have pictures posted of mine in the gallery (vintage-vans.smugmug.com/Trucks/Nicks-1964-Ford-Econoline-Vuck/) and I paid $900 for mine and so far haven't done anything with it.

Last edited by gnalan on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to gallery)

Econoline truck owners Empty Re: Econoline truck owners

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:43 am

I paid $500.00 for mine with no motor or engine. I expect to have $15,000.00-$20,000.00 in it when it is finished.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:49 pm

I think I paid $250.00 for my 67 with a seized drivetrain, rotten rear floor and front floor. all wheel cyl. frozen but a rebuildable dual master cylinder. Front windshield badly cracked. door bottoms shot 3 inches up on all doors( which have since been all reworked and in primer for $1800.00) rest of the glass was good. The 66 I could have driven it home if the front wheel cyls weren't frozen. Had a running 240 in it. Front window cracked badly, but all lights and electrical worked, with some loose connections that are now fixed. The 66 was last driven in 1994 and had some new parts put on before I bought it for $200.00, The donor car for the engine was a 1981 chevy police interceptor with a v-8 which I drove for about a year and paid $1000.00 for. Body panels for the 67 which I will now use for the 66 if I need them were approx $900.00 out of Ontario about 6 years back. I spent about $1200.00 on 4 new wheel cyl. master cyl rebuild kit, all new window rubber,shocks,steering arm,tie rod ends,king pin set,brake shoes,new lights(Halogens),u-joints,brake lines hard and soft. This is what I can remember as for now...lol. there is more misc. stuff like welding gas, wire, vehicle wire, clamps, clips, screws, bolts...etc...rad fan, tranny fan, new radiator was $450.00. Sorry for the long list..all in all I think I am into mine for about $6000.00 so far and there is more to come. When I am done I should have about $15000.00 tied up and well worth every penny.....HAPPY VANNING
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Hey thanks man it won't let me post link yet still so I had to take the http off when I posted
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:25 pm

thanks for the link

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:38 pm

The drivers seat had the slider but I'm not sure about the passenger seat. I'll have to check when it's not raining.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 am