VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Door handles, windows, and more

Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Door handles, windows, and more Empty Door handles, windows, and more

Post by Lazarusvan Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm

After running hot my first day out due to user error, trying to figure out several things that need addressing.

Issue 1: When the van arrived, the handles were all in the proper position. Now, particuarly the side barn door handle, it won't lay down flat and it up in the air. Neither barn door closes tightly as a result. I also can't get my driver's door to close tightly.

Issue 2: Passenger window "works" but it takes pulling up on it and reversing it back and forth to get it up, if that makes sense. Feels like we'll break the handle off.

Issue 3: Driver's side turn signal works, but it doesn't always flash on the dash. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.

Issue 4: Auto gear doesn't seem to want to easily go back and forth into drive and reverse. It's at least 6 years old. Any suggestions?

Question: Why is the radiator fan switched vs. running all the time like a modern vehicle? Any reason not to keep it on high? I assume that is for hard conditions where the temps really run high. Van is loud enough that the noise of it running isn't an issue at any speed.

Question 2: Is anyone using additives in their oil or gas? I read a thread on VCVG concerning this and the potential need for to so for certain types of engines or parts within the engine? Don't know if it's applicable to mine.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 pm