VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder?

redsockss
    redsockss

Number of posts : 123
    Registration date : 2010-06-03

Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder? Empty Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder?

Post by redsockss Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder.

I'm also searching out the track that attaches to the drivers window on the bottom. I don't have a clue on where to find them. I searched a few sites with no luck.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder? Empty Re: Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder?

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:48 pm

the outer handles are differant, inner are the same
    redsockss
    redsockss

Number of posts : 123
    Registration date : 2010-06-03

Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder? Empty Re: Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder?

Post by redsockss Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm needing the gaskets for the outside mounting of the door handles. and the lock cylinders. Does that mean the truck ones won't fit them? ANy idea on how I can find them? I looked at Brothers and no go.
    richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:20 am

My ignition switch on the dash was missing when I got mine, replaced it and took all the door locks to a locksmith and had them re-keyed for $15 each. If you are missing the whole cylinder I'm sure someone has a extra set laying around. I found this post from before on the gasket.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/g-parts-wanted-f12/outside-door-handle-gaskets-1st-gen-t14121.htm?highlight=gaskets
    Nate66

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Nate66 Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:39 am

redsockss wrote:I'm needing the gaskets for the outside mounting of the door handles. and the lock cylinders. Does that mean the truck ones won't fit them? ANy idea on how I can find them? I looked at Brothers and no go.

This was posted on vcvc.org.

Clarks Corvair has repro door handle gaskets
    large gasket #c1549 small gasket #c1550
    Side + back door gasket #c6530 lock gasket
    #c566 413-625-977

Catalog page 229 http://www.corvair.com/gfx/229.jpg
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Does anyone know if the door handles for the Truck is the same as a van and the door lock cylinder? Empty Door lock vs. Ignition Lock...

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 am

am hoping to get all mine keyed the same for simplicity. However, can't get the chrome caps off the the side/rear key mechanisms. Would like to take to a locksmith yet they are one of the few trades in DC that aren't licensed or bonded--hence they are mostly theives. Funny to have such a loophole for criminals to be in a security business. Anyway, can anybody recommend somebody I can just mail my locks and keys to for rekeying. Am told an honest locksmith will charge between $8-15 each.

Your referral will be appreciated, thanks!!!
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:27 am

As for gaskets, I'm using black oil bottle plastic. Cut them oversized with the inside holes cut, bolt them down and trim them on a really hot day in the sun. Of course, not cutting the paint under is the trick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm