VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Brake line kits?

VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Brake line kits? Empty Brake line kits?

Post by VanninBlaino Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

My 1967 A100 front brake lines are rusting out. Its any day now that i wont have front brakes, so does anyone know of a kit? I'd like to buy for the front and back, get it all over with.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Brake line kits? Empty Re: Brake line kits?

Post by donivan65 Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:28 pm

These are what I use to replace the old lines on a Chevy Van and while I am at it, replace the single line master cylinder and install a newer type dual line one. You probably just got a couple of "T" fittings and a certain length of steel line that run to each wheel cylinder,,,This should help you with part numbers after you see the different lengths that you need for yours,,,,,,,

Brake line kits? Brake_15
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 745
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Don't know if the kits are available for the A100....I had mine custom made by hand locally - not much to it really, and the job has been certified as been correct and safe. Good luck.
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 am

Its really easy to make your own. Just buy a length of Kunifer pipe, and a brake pipe flaring tool. Very easy job, and it will never rust again....

Sy

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 am

Being a '67 it should already have the dual circuit master cylinder.
    As far as a kit, I dont know of one either. You can get different lengths at NAPA for not much at all and bend them yourself which really is pretty simple. Making a good flare at the ends is the hardest part to get right though. If you measure right you can probably get away with simply bending up the pre-cut/flared lengths and just exchanging old for new. Thats what I did for my passenger side front line that was cut off when the axle was removed from it some 20 odd years ago. I believe it was the 51" piece that NAPA sells was the perfect length to go from the T to the opposite side below the belly pan.
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah, im just trying to take the lazy way out of the deal, i really dont want to sit in tis 100 degree weather bending the same line 4 times before i get it right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:15 pm