VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
Bear
Digz
sasktrini
m1dadio
cl350rr
G-Man
Scott
11 posters

New here, looking forward to this forum

New here, looking forward to this forum Empty New here, looking forward to this forum

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:39 am

I rescued a pretty nice 66. Looks like it was put in primer years ago. Currently she runs, drives, shifts and stops. I took it to the paint shop last Friday. Looking to replace the glass and seals, then add front discs.
    New here, looking forward to this forum 032
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

New here, looking forward to this forum Empty Re: New here, looking forward to this forum

Post by Scott Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am

Welcome to the site Andy..

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Took it to the paint shop, what did they say, and what all are they doing for you?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

New here, looking forward to this forum Empty Re: New here, looking forward to this forum

Post by G-Man Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 am

Welcome!!!!
    cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post by cl350rr Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 am

Welcome, running and driving is a better place to start than I did.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:21 am

Interior is 65 chevy red. I'm going 2 tone red and a creamy white. It is very, very solid. If I had gotten the fuel situation sorted I could have driven it. I did have a set of American racing wheels that were the right bolt pattern, can see it in my mind! bullt hole was free...
    New here, looking forward to this forum 014-1
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:39 am

Welcome to the site Andys

Nice van too!

M1D
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:05 am

I'm jealous.... looks like a great project! Welcome. Good luck. Post lots of pics. We'll all try to help ya out if you have questions!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 am

Great score ! bullit hole just gives it charactor !

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:09 am

Digz wrote:Great score ! bullit hole just gives it charactor !
    what color is your Van? that is the color of mine on the inside and I want it on the outside!
    TIA
    Andy
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:27 am

It's Orange ! The paint code is #70 for a 76 Corvette, orange flame or something like that. The paint was a single stage Omni enamel, the Martin Seynor paint with the same code is a shade darker. Like many colors ,, the amount of light makes it look different ,, alot of my pics come out plain old orange ,, some look red.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:30 am

New here, looking forward to this forum 012
    New here, looking forward to this forum 010
    New here, looking forward to this forum 011
    New here, looking forward to this forum 007
    fresh paint. New rubber and glass in this morning. going to take some pictures. I need to find a gas tank. Any leads would be appreciated.
    Bear
    Bear

Number of posts : 849
    Registration date : 2010-11-23

Post by Bear Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:06 pm

take your old tank and have it diped it,s around 80.00 here in michigan
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Looks Great !!
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Hey man that vans happening!!

You get door seal wetherstrip at SteelRubber Products.

Looks good In red

M1D
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

,,,,,,,add 4 more windows in it and it will be perfect,,,,,,,
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Wow!!! moving along quickly, new paint looks great
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Looks Real GOOD !!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 pm

New here, looking forward to this forum 003-1
    New here, looking forward to this forum 002-1
    New here, looking forward to this forum 001-1
    New here, looking forward to this forum 004-1
    Had to have one piece of glass recut/ ground to fit. I have the vent window rubber, rear door rubber and will probably use a universal rubber on the doors. I have a set of recaros to figure out of r driver/passenger seats.
    Eagle1
    Eagle1

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-09-18

Post by Eagle1 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:37 am

Steele Rubber has molded front door seals that fit perfect for $76.10 and all 4 side and back for $171.80
    https://secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php
    Eagle1
    Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

Post by Vanadian Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:24 pm

I would have had a hard time fixing that bullet hole. But once you had it painted it just would have looked out of place. Great Van AndyS.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Nice, very nice...can't wait for more progress photos

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 am

I just wanted to say thanks to the Forum. I have found such great info here and everyone has steered me to the right place for things needed. At this point, she is a runner but needs a new carb. Stock motor(for now) 3 speed. Ordering the disc brake stuff hopefully very soon.
    I need to put up some pics. The wood floor,walls, and door trim have been stained and sealed. Bracket for a passenger seat has to be made. Going to use a set of Mercedes SLK Recaros I have had in storage for a few years. All the rubber seals are in place and she is tight and dry. I have the turn signals, mirrors and back up lights from Brother's to install and will need some new tires. Hopefully looking at weeks and on the road!!

I had a custom built gas tank made for the van out of aluminum and then found the stock one someone had pointed out on E Bay. Lol, I now own about 500 dollars worth of gas tank.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 am