VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Second Generation Ford Econolines

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Second Generation Ford Econolines Empty Second Generation Ford Econolines

Post by Vanner63 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:05 am

I know, I know, this site is primarily for the first generation, Ford, GM and Dodge vans and pickups and it is a fantastic site. Many members have assisted me in getting my old '63 Econoline pickup on the road.

But.......... i need some info. on second generation Econolines. Since Ford did not put a big Six or V-8 in its first generation vans and they were not really set up to pull a 26' travel trailer frame wise I am looking for a second generation Econoline to fit the bill. I am looking for a window van with a Big Six ( 300 cu. in. ) or small V-8 ( 302 cu. in. ). I had a nice all original 1978 Ford station wagon ( all totally original ) that did all my towing until last weekend when a tree fell on it in my driveway. Needless to say it was totaled. Looks more like a four door Ranchero right now. Anyway I am looking for a 1971 to 1974 Econoline window van. Prefer not restored as I want to do to it what I want to do it. If anyone knows of websites or forums for this type of Econoline I sure would appreciate the info.

I am definitely keeping my '63 pickup, thats my daily driver, but I need a beefier framed second generation.

Thanks everybody,

T.W.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Second Generation Ford Econolines Empty Re: Second Generation Ford Econolines

Post by G-Man Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 am

savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:06 am

There one on Craigslist in Kenton OH(Lima Craigslit) Window van with 302 for $750. Might be just what your looking for?? Sorry couldn't get link to work???
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:24 pm

wildbillinva

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-02-26

Post by wildbillinva Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:25 am

tw,
    i have a friend at work that you need to talk to. i don't have the pics of the van on my home computer, but i think his mom has the van you are looking for. this is his work # 540-652-4103 ask for larry. his mom has a '74 window supervan with a v8 and auto. it is close enough to go look at, if you like the pics. when i get back to work tuesday, i'll post them here, or you can call him and he will send them to you. it has been off the road for about 3 or 4 years, but he said it was still running at that time. make him an offer.
    wildbillinva
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Post by Vanner63 Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:50 am

Thanks for the info and leads. That one in your area wild bill sounds interesting. I'll give him a call.

T.W.
    wildbillinva

Post by wildbillinva Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:59 am

tw,
    here are the pics i have. they were taken a month ago.
    wildbillinva
    Second Generation Ford Econolines 013
    Second Generation Ford Econolines 016
    Second Generation Ford Econolines 015
    Second Generation Ford Econolines 014
    wildbillinva

Post by wildbillinva Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:46 am

here are a couple more i found.
    wildbillinva
    Second Generation Ford Econolines 004
    Second Generation Ford Econolines 003

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:35 pm