VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Back under the knife again monday

hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back under the knife again monday Empty Back under the knife again monday

Post by hywaychild Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm

yep i,m going Back under the knife again on Monday. I,m still in a lot of pain from what they did on the other side but i'm now able to do the paper work so it's time to do the other side .. the way i see it get it done now and be in pain for 1 year instead of waiting and being in pain for over 2 years .

had some help last week and got my motor in .But i can't put the headers on .I have to pull it all back out to pull the dole pins and drill and dap the head so i can put them on right ... looks like i'll be bringing the astro to the nats this year ...hyway
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back under the knife again monday Empty Re: Back under the knife again monday

Post by whopman Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:09 am

Hyway those alignment pins on the ends of the head are threaded ! squirt pb blaster and let them soak ,,then a good set of vice grips should get them out for you.
    Good luck on the surgery !!!
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 am

I don't know what those pins look like, but if they are threaded you should be able to put two nuts on it and lock them against each other. Then just put a wrench on the inside nut and back it out.

Oh, and good luck under the knife.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am