VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Removing front door handle lock cylinders???

cculella
    cculella

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2011-02-03

Removing front door handle lock cylinders??? Empty Removing front door handle lock cylinders???

Post by cculella Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm taking the handles to be chromed and don't want the locks to get messed up in the process. I know they can be taken out, I just don't want to break anything while trying.

When looking at the back of the lock, there is a metal ring that sits in a groove inside the cylinder wall. Do I need to remove that to get the lock out? The ring looks rusty, if I break it is there a replacement ring that will work?

- Charlie
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Removing front door handle lock cylinders??? Empty Re: Removing front door handle lock cylinders???

Post by donivan65 Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 pm

That ring holds the key cylinder in,,,,,,so push down on the cup and dig the snap ring out,,,,,,we can get you another snap ring if it does not survive the operation,,,,,,,,
    cculella
    cculella

Removing front door handle lock cylinders??? Empty Re: Removing front door handle lock cylinders???

Post by cculella Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for the info. Got the locks out but managed to lose one of the snap rings when it launched past my face. I'll look for it but I might need to get a replacement.
    cculella
    cculella

Post by cculella Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Found it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:20 pm