VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
G-Man
Vanish
RodStRace
EconoCarl
8 posters

New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline

New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline Empty New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 am

Hi everyone
    Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I live in Austin, TX and I'm the very proud owner of a 1963 Econoline. This is my first Vintage Van (other than an old VW that didn't count). I'd really love to get involved in this forum to learn from some of the more seasoned folks here. For a while, I'll just sit back and observe, but I may ask the occasional stupid question. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Dart
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline Empty Re: New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline

Post by EconoCarl Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:48 am

Welcome to the site Dart. Ask away, the only stupid question is the one that didn't get asked!
    Come join us in Seguin this June.

I saw your van at the Roundup Saturday.
    New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline 100_1910
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline Empty Re: New guy from Austin, TX '63 Econoline

Post by RodStRace Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:22 am

Welcome!
    We may ask YOU questions, since yours is painted, lowered, and nice!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 am

Welcome in ... GREAT LOOKING VAN ..............

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 am

Very cool econo Welcome to the site

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. My van still has a ways to go. In the photo, it looks good, but that's just a fancy temporary primer. It still needs a lot of body work before it's ready for final paint. It's not lowered yet. It just looks that way in the photo. Tricky camera angle I guess. haha. I've already been lurking here for a bit and learning new things. I hope I can contribute in the future.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Dart what are those tailights from??? Cool Mod
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Welcome Dart.
    Nice looking Van. I was wondering what mine would look like with that style of mirror. I guess I'll be chroming mine after all.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:23 pm

welcome dart nice looking van you have there

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 am

Thanks again. Those mirrors are soon to be replaced. I really hate them, but they're all I have right now. Anyone have suggestions about a good mirror to use that doesn't look like Dumbo ears? haha. The tail light lenses are repops of the '64 Impala. I used the clear back up lens and gave them a very light candy red spray on the inside. They still look red from the outside, but when the brake lights come on, they're about 3 times brighter than stock. I had to relocate my door straps so they don't swing all the way open and hit the lenses.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:22 am

Welcome and good looking econo!
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Well I here ya about the mirrors...becus thats all I have to..lmao. I Have seen some nice mirros in the members gallery. I was thinking of those little round ones that mount up high on the window/door post. but for now all the holes are there so I will fly with Dumbo Air for now..lol

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 am

I thought about those peep mirrors, but that van is one big blind spot. I need all the visibility I can get. I'll keep looking. Someone must make a larger mirror that doesn't make my van look like a wingnut.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Ya no I never thought of it having a blind spot..becus all my other vans are full window. Shoulder check and change lanes. But now that you mention it, I haven't driven mine yet so I never even had that thought. OK someone needs to start a thread on "THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUILDING A VAN" Unless it's allready been done( plz send me the link). I have my note pad ready...lol.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:28 pm

I got to looking around for parts for my fiance's 51 Ford F1 and stumbled across these mirrors. I think I might be able to make them work in my hinge pins...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1948-1952-Ford-Truck-Mirrors-Stainless-1949-1950-1951-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e6c7d9c8QQitemZ360354142664QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:51 pm

I'M not that sure the mirrior will work for you . ask the seller from the hindge piviot point to the mirrior wht is that measurement ? and then try to hold a mirrior to that location.from your photo your hindge looks like it's 8 in lower then the bottom of your mirrior. althou the mirriors are different.... back in 1976 I lived in Austin.for 6 months. welcome to the site...the van is looking nice...
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:35 pm

I also would think it would hard to see with thoses, seems they would be to far out from the body

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 am