VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Help with wiring

Help with wiring Empty Help with wiring

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm

You might remember or you might not but I had a problem with my wiring a while back on my 69 Chevy van thats been updated with a 89 4.3 liter v6 and electronics.

To refresh memories the problem I was having was that my turn signals and hazard flashers werent working. I dont know if I have the experience to get them working myself so I am wondering if someone can suggest a shop in the south west michigan area that could help me.

I checked my fuse box with a volt meter and it seems everything is wired up to the ACC fuse because I can take out every fuse except that one and it doesnt make a difference. Once I take that one out nothing works. But I can take every other fuse out and everything such as the brake lights and headlights still works. I dont know how to correct the problem myself and wiring isnt my thing. Does anyone know where I can take it or what I can do?

Here is the topic that this was last discussed on if it helps: https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t15146-help-locating-a-part
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Help with wiring Empty Re: Help with wiring

Post by donivan65 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm

So what actually works,,,,turn signals, brake or hazard lights? This is like a 3 part system,,,,,the 1st is wiring to each bulb, LF, RF, RR, LR and those LR and RR are Brake lights in their spare time,,,,,so at the steering column, these 4 wires start and go to those 4 bulbs. 2nd System is power,,,,Hazards and brakes are hot all the time,,,,,Turn signals only come on with the key,,,,,and the turn signals and Hazard Lights have a Flasher in the line. 3rd System is the Turn, Brake and Hazard switches,,,,,the Hazard is the Boss,,,,,then the turn signal, then the Brake Light switch,,,,,so in reality,,,,,,the Hazard light switch decides if it wants to let the Brake and turn signal switch do their job,,,,,,So thats the place to start,,,,,see if power is getting up to the Hazard Switch,,,,see if its flasher is good,,,,,,,turn it on,,,,,,,see if it sends power out to those 4 wires to to turn those bulbs on,,,,,,,there are wiring diagrams on our home page to show which color wire goes to each bulb,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Right now the only thing that works are the brake lights. Those work all the time. The turn signals and hazards dont work. But if I turn the hazard switch on one turn signal will turn on with the brake lights. That has been something that is wrong with the wiring since before I put the new engine in - I dont know if that is important or not....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm