VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
DanTheVanMan
texasjohn
StuNami
Magic Bus
austinmodhouse
boroop
10 posters

Trial run at making some van painting software

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Trial run at making some van painting software - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial run at making some van painting software

Post by Magic Bus Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 am

You da Man!
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Trial run at making some van painting software - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial run at making some van painting software

Post by EconoCarl Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:56 am

Hey Bo,
    The side window placement for a "Super" is the same as your "Falcon" on your program. The difference in length is behind the rear seam on the side. Thanks again for doing this for us!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 am

Excellent... never imagined!!! I'll get it when I get home tonight! Looks cool, boroop!
    boroop
    boroop

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by boroop Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 pm

crowen57 wrote:Hey Bo,
    The side window placement for a "Super" is the same as your "Falcon" on your program. The difference in length is behind the rear seam on the side. Thanks again for doing this for us!

So basically just extend the rear windows out a bit? I'll have to look online for a few sample pictures. I can't picture how it should look.

Oh, and thanks for the feedback!

You're all welcome.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Same size windows, same placement relative to the front of the van. The rear corners are solid, simple extensions from the seams of the side panels.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:15 pm

BTW, I like it!!! How did you get sketches uploaded to use on it? I think it would be great if we could spawn A and G choices in it! I did some line drawings trying to come up with concepts.

Can you tell the app to apply the colors using a transparency attribute? Then you could include bodylines and shading that would maybe stay in the finished image... listen to me lol! Where did you read up on this stuff? I'd love to play with it too! Maybe get to flex some .NET programming muscles!
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:01 pm

boroop wrote:So basically just extend the rear windows out a bit? I'll have to look online for a few sample pictures. I can't picture how it should look.

Oh, and thanks for the feedback!
    You're all welcome.

What sastrini said!
    All of the side windows are exactly the same size as the shorty. The "super" addition to the rear is all sheetmetal.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:23 pm

is there a "white " color in the mix??
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Twinpilot001 wrote:is there a "white " color in the mix??

Upper left hand corner.
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:09 pm

sasktrini wrote:BTW, I like it!!! How did you get sketches uploaded to use on it?

I had to learn Adobe Illustrator for a project at work. So I placed a real image on a canvas and then just did the line drawing with Illustrator. I was trying to do it with just Paint.Net (an excellent FREE Photoshop alternative) but the integration with Microsoft's Blend was much cleaner using Illustrator.

Basically all of the Illustrator drawings can be imported into Blend as paths and the colors can be changed by simply changing the fill color on each path. It's been an interesting trek so far... and I used about 8 hours of work time over the past few weeks drawing things up. Nothing like getting paid to play. Very Happy

And I've already adopted some of the magic into our commercial application, so my bosses are happy too. We'll see where it leads me within the company. I'm having quite a bit of fun working as a part time designer. But I doubt my profession as a software tester is in any real danger. Rolling Eyes
    boroop
    boroop

Trial run at making some van painting software - Page 2 Empty Van painter no longer online

Post by boroop Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:47 am

Sorry all,

After a few private messages I figured I better post here.

My free web hosting service removed the program without warning and I had a hard drive crash take out my backup. Sad

It's highly doubtful that it will be back as it was a lot of work and I no longer have access to a copy of Illustrator (used to create the outline drawings of the areas to cover).

Bo
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:19 pm

That's too bad. I wish I knew what to do. It's not my strength though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am