VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup Empty Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup

Post by Vanner63 Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Ok, I know this sounds crazy but here's what I need. I need to look at a totally original econoline pickup between 1961 and 1964 or have someone take photos of their totally original econoline pickup. I want to restore mine back to as close to original as possible except possibly the tailgate area. The engine doghouse and how the heater hoses are routed. How the fuel line is routed and where it is steel and where it is rubber. The floor pan and nose inside the cab. The heater box. Also any under hood decals that are visible. And where the placement of the windshield washer nozzles are on the nose. It does not have to be in great shape as long as it is original and all parts and accessories and parts are there. I sure would appreciate it if someone could assist me with this.

I have a totally original ( except for tires, battery, brakes and exhaust ) 1978 Ford LTD Country Sedan station wagon and it is totally original down to the routing of the vacuum lines. The markings on the firewall by the assembly line workers are still there. I have guys come to look at my car and take photos all the time when they are restoring these big old Fords. I am sure someone has an original econoline somewhere.

Thanks, T.W. Day
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup Empty Re: Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup

Post by G-Man Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:14 pm

TW To do want you want I think you need to see one up close and get a ton of pictures. And you may have to see many to get all the pieces of the puzzle. Any original van should be the same also.
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup Empty Re: Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup

Post by Vanner63 Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Yes G-Man, a van would work as well as all I need to see is the cab area. I am looking specifically where the nose and angled foot pan area of the floor pan meet. There are some metal strips that hide the wiring harness I need to replicate. And I want to see what the underhood of an original econoline looks like. Maybe three or four pics.
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I have a totally original 63 pickup but it is buried in 3 feet of snow right now. I will be working on it in the spring and will take some photos if you remind me. The engine and transmission are out of it but everything else is untouched.
    Fred
    Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup Dsc00010
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Last month I bought a Press Release packet that was sent to Ford dealers introducing "FORD'S NEW ECONOLINE SERIES, FOR RELEASE TUESDAY SEPT. 27, 1960". I've scanned in the pictures that included the pick-up and attached thumbnails below. Click on them to see full size pics. Hope this helps.

Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup Vanpic10 Need to see or have pics of an original 1963 Econoline pickup Vanpic11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:21 pm