VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus

Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus Empty Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:07 pm

I want to replace the bushings in the ends of the shift arms that connect to the transmission shift rods. The only ones I have found are the ones in the Mac's catalog and the photo/drawing isn't very good. Anyone had good luck with these? I am tempted to just make my own from a rubber grommet and plastic bushing, or maybe some bronze, but would rather buy something if it works well. Lot's of people putting in rebuilt columns, but no word on these bushings. (I did a search, but no real answers in the forums). Thanks.
    Indian640
    Indian640

Number of posts : 256
    Registration date : 2010-06-27

Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus Empty Re: Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus

Post by Indian640 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Vic, AKA Old Skool seams to be the man to ask ....
    toad
    toad

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-05-30

Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus Empty Re: Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus

Post by toad Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 am

I have the one's from Mac's, but have never installed them. I was impatient one night and got some Eaton shifter bushings and made them work. Work good on the column end. One or two bucks a piece a a truck dealership(also may help if you work at one,) if that much. They are the bushings that go into the shifter where it attaches to the shift tower. Might not be worth the work to some, but they fit snug into the holes and they are urethane or plastic.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 am

Toad,
    Do you have the part numbers (or some pics) of the bushings?
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 am

Im in the same dilema... took the new clutch out for a ride last night which was awesome... and mine stuck in 1st gear...cuz my column is shot.....Vic is the man..he gave me a great descritpion of how the column works and he can fix it up real nice...I think he said around $200...
    toad
    toad

Post by toad Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 am

crowen57 wrote:Toad,
    Do you have the part numbers (or some pics) of the bushings?

I can get some part numbers and pics. There is a little shaving of the bushings and I used new washers and cotter pins.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:30 pm

I have seen Vic's stuff, top notch for sure. If you want a like-new column, hit him up. I wonder what he uses when he rebuilds columns.
    toad
    toad

Post by toad Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 pm

fatkid wrote:I have seen Vic's stuff, top notch for sure. If you want a like-new column, hit him up. I wonder what he uses when he rebuilds columns.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice!
    toad
    toad

Post by toad Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus Photo-10
    Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus Photo-11
    Shift arm bushings for 64 Station bus Photo-12

Eaton part number 21246

Should be able to pick them up at any class 8 truck dealership or heavy duty transmission shop. My cost is around $0.50. They fit right into the hole in the shift lever. I fit a washer over the the smaller shoulder and did a little trimming. Tightened it right up. I'll try to get some pic's of mine. toad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:02 pm