VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash?

Slick Steve
    Slick Steve

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-06-08

What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash? Empty What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash?

Post by Slick Steve Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:56 pm

So, in my 66' HD Econoline regular van, on the dash, just below the wiper switch, is what appears to be a factory installed black push button, approx size of a pencil eraser, with a chrome bezel. When pushed, it sounds like a buzzer under the dash. I can not find where the sound comes from , or what it does. Anyone ever seen one of these?

Thanks!

lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash? Empty Re: What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash?

Post by lectricman Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:17 pm

My 66 f250 had one and it was used for the washer pump... could be the same on the econo...
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash? Empty Re: What in the he$%%^ is this on my dash?

Post by Linoman Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:22 pm

I have the same on my 66 Econo. it goes to the washer pump. My pump is behind the MC.
    I am interested in where yours is connected to the power, as the PO disconnected the switch because the pump was bad. I have a new pump ready to go in, just looking to hook up the switch properly. Hopefully you can describe the location or even photo it. Thanks
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:41 pm

My '63 econo had a foot pump on it.... the '62 has no pump at all... lol to get fluid on the windo you just kept mashing the foot pump..... The one on my '66 F-250 was just hacked into the wiring behind the dash.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am