VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Has anyone ever played around with an offenhauser 3x1 intake?

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Has anyone ever played around with an offenhauser 3x1 intake? Empty Has anyone ever played around with an offenhauser 3x1 intake?

Post by kookykrispy Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Hey gang,

I'm thinking of what to do for intake/exhaust when I install my 292. I love the look of the offy 3x1 with 3 single carbs. I'll probably have a factory exhaust manifold professionally split to get dual pipes but still retain the heat under the carbs. My machinist has a guy who is good at welding cast iron, so I'll have him do it.

I don't really NEED multiple carbs or dual exhaust on this motor, since I'll be retaining the stock cam and not doing any headwork, but its more for fun and the cool hot-rod factor than anything else. I'm even thinking sidepipes... but I dunno about that yet.

I'd like to hear from anyone who ever ran one of these intakes on a six? Thoughts on which carbs would respond best for the 3x1 application?
    I'm also considering running a 200r tranny... and not sure how to go about hooking up the TV cable on a six... seems somebody here did this already though... vanagain?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Has anyone ever played around with an offenhauser 3x1 intake? Empty Re: Has anyone ever played around with an offenhauser 3x1 intake?

Post by G-Man Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:49 am

Talk to Optik, he was running a 2 - 2 bbl carb set up

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:12 pm