VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U.

Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U. Empty Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 am

Hi guys, I know that that weight is for safety, but here is my question. Can I remove this while I am drag racing? Will it be safe enough on the 1/4 mile? Just trying to save some weight here.

Is it easy to remove / refit at the track?

Jeff
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U. Empty Re: Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U.

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:42 pm

I think it is 150 pounds?? Mine has a couple of bolts through it, I guess it would depend on the traction you are getting now, and if you have a jack to let it down and raise it up when your done racing.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U. Empty Re: Rear weight on the rear of my A100 P/U.

Post by benwah Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 pm

I'd leave it there and eat a few less hamburg's, pig Seriously though When you stop quick it keeps the assend in place and if you remove it you could nose dive and literally kiss the ashfault .
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Weight behind the rear wheels is a good thing in drag racing when your chassis is nose heavy.
    What is your rear suspension setup, and what are your corner weights?
    If your answer is stock or pretty close, and I have no idea, I'd wager that removing the weight will cause more traction problems.....

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:31 am

OK guys, point taken, I will leave it where it is. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am