VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

1969 sportvan poptop camper

LIvan

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-05-29

1969 sportvan poptop camper Empty 1969 sportvan poptop camper

Post by LIvan Sat May 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey all!
    Hello i'm new to the forum...just bought a 1969 sportvan camper poptop...pretty good condition, found it through this site! so thanks!!! just wondering if anyone knows how many were made??? also wondering if anyone knows what manual tranny they came with saginaw or muncie? I believe its a 307 in the van. I know it may be sacrilegious, but i was thinking about trying to put the shifter on the floor and wondered if anyone has ever done it...husrt says they make a kit but I just dont know if i believe it!!! well thanks all! I'll post some picts when i figure out how! Any help would be great!!!
    -wayne
    Northport LI
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

1969 sportvan poptop camper Empty Re: 1969 sportvan poptop camper

Post by Scott Sat May 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Like this one?

billski wrote:A shot of the Lokar Shifter without the boot. They sent me the wrong one. Just got the new one today but I liked the pic showing exactly how the shifter and linkage looks.
    1969 sportvan poptop camper 101_2029

I pulled this from here..
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/g-van-general-discussion-f4/automatic-transmission-swap-and-more-t5559.htm

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 am