VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

I NEED 318 PICS

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

I NEED 318 PICS Empty I NEED 318 PICS

Post by dix Fri May 07, 2010 7:29 pm

CAN ANYONE SEND ME SOME PHOTOS OF THEIR 318 SO I CAN SEE WERE TO ROUTE THE HEATER HOSES
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

I NEED 318 PICS Empty Re: I NEED 318 PICS

Post by BajaCharlie Sat May 08, 2010 3:51 am

I dont have any pics but mine run down the pass side of the radiator there is even brackets there to hold the hoses in place.Hope that helps.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sat May 08, 2010 4:25 am

ok that makes sence i had a / 6 so i was stumped
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sat May 08, 2010 6:14 am

This is the '66. The '65 has them coming under the radiator support instead of thru it.

I NEED 318 PICS 100_0210
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sat May 08, 2010 8:00 am

THAT IS GREAT THANKS FOR THE PIC NOW I HAVE 2 OPTIONS.. ITRUNS I SEE YOU ARE RUNNING 1 OF TERRYS RADS I BOUGHT THE SAME 1 . IS IT STAY COOL ENOUGH ? DO YOU THINK I NEED THE SHROUD ? I HAVN'T PUT 1 ON ??? BUT I AM NOT UP AND RUNNING YET !!!
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sat May 08, 2010 8:49 am

IS IT STAY COOL ENOUGH ?

Oh no, it's flashback city lol.

dix, that radiator should kick a$$, but I now have a over-heating problem that didn't exist before the transplant.

I have a drivable parts van that I toasted out the radiator when I put some cleaner in it Sad . I figured I would put the new radiator in the good van and then be able to keep the parts van running with the good van's radiator.

Got a fancy shroud made up (which you can see), which I have since removed. I moved the radiator inlet to the other side so the water would move across the radiator evenly. Fixed the previous owner's screw-up and got a proper thermostat housing that doesn't leak and replaced with a 160 degree thermostat.

Patched that hole in the radiator support above the radiator I had made for a cool air intake. Patched a missing piece of sheet metal on the driver's side above the belly pan. Installed a filler between the radiator and belly pan. Installed a new belly pan without louvers. Put a scoop on it.

Still over heats, but I think I still have patch some holes so that the engine compartment air doesn't recirculate into the incoming air.

Definitely going to take Vanishing Breed's advice and get an electric fan in there. It will probably have a shroud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:28 am