VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
gp70
G-Man
itruns
Admin
8 posters

All about the "pretty" at NAT's?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

All about the "pretty" at NAT's? Empty All about the "pretty" at NAT's?

Post by Admin Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 pm

This was sent to me from Hywaychild. Do you think he has a point? Question

I put a lot of time and work into getting it ready for the Nat's kinda hard to tell unless you were there .new front doors, front bumper,front brakes, master cylinder, shoe's, wheel cylinders , brake hoses, themas stat,themas stat housing, tune up points plugs,cap,wires,fuel pump, filters,alternator,fan belt, regulator,battery,custom made dash pad , seat covers.customized dash,CB, fuss buster,stereo,speakers, TV, micro wave, carpet ,bed, specker wall, pluss sanded the hole truck down ans reprimed it and i did this all in less then 90 days with almost no moneys mostly stuff i had saved up to build a truck ... But since it wasn't painted it barly got a second glance ??? guess i'll have to build a pretty truck to get any respect .. hywaychild

All about the "pretty" at NAT's? Myplac10
    All about the "pretty" at NAT's? Myplac11
    All about the "pretty" at NAT's? 68_van10
    All about the "pretty" at NAT's? 36_nat10
    All about the "pretty" at NAT's? 36_nat11
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

All about the "pretty" at NAT's? Empty Re: All about the "pretty" at NAT's?

Post by itruns Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Congratulations on making it there. That's a lot of work accomplished in 3 months.

Beauty is more than finish coat deep. The cool thing about these vans is that you can drive them and make improvements at the same time. Be grateful you have the time, resources, abilities and desire to live the dream.

Paint will probably be one of the last things I do to my van. It kinda gives me a blank canvas to ponder every week. I also want to make sure its done right.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Hywaychild, I checked out your van, but didn't know it was yours and didn't get a chance to talk to you. I go to the Nat's not really for the awards, but would like to get one. I would says I have one of the pretty vans, but have been blanked two years in a row.
    gp70
    gp70

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by gp70 Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Not ever having been to the Nats, I can only speculate but with as many trick paint schemes, custom mods, flashy wheels and and as many vans that attend the Nats, It doesn't suprise me. Rolling Eyes I'm sure many people attend the Nats for the nice stuff, but I'll bet your van got noticed. It looks a lot like mine !! I'll bet at smaller shows where there are less vans you'ld get a lot more attention. Don't ever let it get you down. You have no idea how many vans are "works in progress" just like yours. It'll come together in the future and I'm sure it will get the attention your after. Very Happy I doubt that Gotavan Dan will ever have an Early that is one color, but thats the style we have come to expect from Dan. But we would never want him to miss a rally because his van was a little rougher then most. I think it's all about the "Character" of the van and it's owner. I'd rather talk to a dude with a primered van that had his head on straight then a moron with flashy paint.

And this is no "slam" on anyone with a flashy paint scheme, but more about the character of it's owner.

Keep your chin up Hywaychild, your day is coming, as is mine I hope.

Just my $.02, unfortunatly you can't even buy a thimble full of gas with it. Shocked

Oh yea, Carl, over at VCVC modified my signature a bit. It looks great.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:14 pm

gp70:

Tried to check out vcvc.org and I keep getting an anti-virus window thing. Is that the correct website?
    gp70
    gp70

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by gp70 Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:22 pm

There has been talk of viruses, but I think Smiley has been working on it. And I think it seem to be more with the vcvc2 site more then vcvc.

Try this ,,,

http://www.vcvc.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:55 am

The virus in question on VCVC seems to be on the "search engine" there only?
    B.W. Smile
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:20 pm

I want to say thanks for all the comments !! I never exepced to win at nat's If you know me from vcvc2 i put my truck back together in less the 3 months on a shoestring budget. being disabled gives me lot of time but not much moneys to work with .I live in the ozark mountains of arkansas were i run lots of back roads camping ,hunting going to the lake so unless i was rich it would be a bit crazy to trash up a pretty paint job every weekend .. Did i expect to win going up against trucks like taz no way in hell !! bBut on the other hand trucks like that would not dare to do the things my truck can do and has done
    Did i have everything in my trucks that the pretty trucks have ?? probly every thing they had and more ..
    Now please don't take any of this the wrong way !!! Am i unhappy i didn't win sure i would be lianing if i said no did i execpt to win anything NOT !!
    Should there be a class for trucks like mine ???? when i was asked what was special about my truck for classifiation i listed it as on and off road use . Maybe that should be a class ???
    With that being said , I had a great time saw some really great trucks and had a great time ... And oh ya I going to build a pretty truck !
    ps If you want to see most of what i did to get ready for the nats i have pix at vcvc2 look for dragonsvan photos
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:34 pm

hywaychild, I would say "Built, not bought!" I don't have my early running at all, so I give you credit for doing what you do. If I could have made it to Nats, and been a judge, I would have noticed you!!!

Cheers!

Corey
    kermit

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by kermit Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 am

Well that's great just finished a reply and got logged off before I could send it lol
    I was at the nats and noticed ALL the earlies and you've certainly got my respect (for what little it's worth) Your van is WAY more ready than my work in progress. I dont think I got many 2nd looks from people either (or first looks either maybe) but went to the nats to see other vans and vanners not for judging, mine wont be ready for that for years possibly. Anyway, keep up the good work looks good so far, I wish I had the talent to get so much done as quickly as you did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 am