VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
DanTheVanMan
back2thewoods
donivan65
Vanish
8 posters

GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Vanish Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Great to see the...... WHO .. Today ..... There Getting Older .... My Vans are getting Older ... and I am Getting Older ...... Wow ...

GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

the Who still rock. I was watching them on VH1 Classic. that was an awesome concert! We're all getting older, with any luck. the key is to not get OLD. Wink
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Now you are talkin bout My Generation,,,,,,1965,,,,,,my Van is born,,,,,and all us kids telling the world, " Hope I die before I get Old",,,,,
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:32 pm

saw the who last year, still got it!! ringo starrs son is they're drummer, pretenders were the backup band chrissy is still hot!!!!!!!!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeah they still sound great! Glad to see their still doing so well..

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

As a musician, it's a little sad that every year it's a "Grand pa" rock band at the super bowl.
    I am glad, I am also almost that old and grew with such great bands, but sad to think where music has sank to. Ten years from now who is going to be playing at half time, Lady Ga GA
    My guess CSNY...
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 pm

[quote] As a musician, it's a little sad that every year it's a "Grand pa" rock band at the super bowl.
    I am glad, I am also almost that old and grew with such great bands, but sad to think where music has sank to. Ten years from now who is going to be playing at half time, Lady Ga GA
    My guess CSNY...[quote]

The World Has and will change ... Thats for sure ..... it Was great to see the WHO Today ... For Me it reminds Me of how Old I have become ... And it also shows me where I want to Stay ...... And Thats Right here With a Old Van ... and a Bunch of Old Guys Working on Them .... And Thats Not so Bad when you Think about it .........

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 pm

The last few years we have had some great half time acts to watch on the superbowl. The Who can still rock
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:52 pm

The GOOD groups from the 1960's are almost gone......or just ghosts of themselves,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy-19YyriDQ&feature=related
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 am

The music is still great and I was singing along but they have definitely lost there fast ball. I have seen the who 7 times starting in the late 70's and Townsend on his own a couple more. After the last time about 3-4 years agoI really thought age had caught up esspecially to Roger.His voice can not handle the intensity of the music anymore.IMHO Not saying it is gone just should keep to the tamer stuff.

If anyone saw the grammys tell me you weren't sick to see Stevie Nicks singing backup to Taylor Swift or last year when Stevie Wonder Played with the Jonas Brothers.

I still like seeing older artist play but in smaller venues were they tone it down a notch.

Still it was a little said for me watching the Superbowl cause as they get older so do I. At least on the outside

"HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD"

mike
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 am

Ahhh,,,,,Stevie Nicks,,,,,

GREAT TO SEE THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!! Th_7wonders
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 am

Half time show was awesome! Very impressive!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 pm