VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
BILLS66
G-Man
DanTheVanMan
mcfly
8 posters

Scary Price Observation

mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Scary Price Observation Empty Scary Price Observation

Post by mcfly Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Have you noticed the amount of money some early parts are starting to bring.Here are a few recent items that come to mind
    Dash skirt - 340
    chrome mirrors-- 202
    and just now $308 for the MALTESE CROSS BUBBLE WINDOWS

I hope this is not a glimpse into the future. UGG

Are Earlies starting to go mainstream ?

mike
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Scary Price Observation Empty Re: Scary Price Observation

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Well they seem to be picking up some steam…. And with popularity come higher $$$$

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Scary Price Observation Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:16 pm

These items are rarer items that many have been waiting for and they will always being more $$$. Been hunting ebay for a while and those port windows were very nice. I think still for the most part most parts will be still in reach, but with each model there are the rarer parts and if you have to have it be the bidder
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 pm

I think to some extent some of the rarer parts are going mainstream but I know That most of the buying and selling between US has been nothing but fair ! I don't mind paying a fair price for something but there is always someone or someones out there that are just in it for a buck .I have been rewarded many times over with a part or the knowlege on how to repair/fix/replace something from everyone here so I have no interest in maxing out something I have for sale to a fellow vanner.Thanks all . I Love You Guys/Gals. Keeping it in our circle when we can is good for all of us. Bill

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm right with ya Bill! I think that if we keep it in the community we'll be ok. Ebay has always driven up the price of things that people cant find.

Now, we should start to worry when we start see'in flatties show up on Jackson/Barret. They have almost single handedly destroyed the dream of finding a decent priced muscle car anymore.
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by texasjohn Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:56 pm

i have 6 falcon vans.....if anyone needs anything
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:28 pm

I know that to most ebay is the last place to get parts and I agree I would much rather deal with you guys first for parts. But I feel ebay is really a good thing for the most part. Many a van would have not been finished if not for ebay. Lets face it most of our vans have the same problems and many of us need the same parts and most of the time there is only a few vans being parted out at the same time. So ebay fills the gap in those times. And yes some of those guys are making $$$, but if it to much just wait and sooner or later someone here will have it for sale
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm

And another thing I would like to bring up on this subject is ........Even the High Dollar stuff that comes up are Cheap compared to the muscle car scene .... So all in all I like were the van parts are for Now ..... But Not every one is as Cheep as I am Lately .........

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Bill is right, here a example of some NOS parts for a 70 chevelle. These are lens
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVELLE-SS-1970-70-MALIBU-TAIL-LAMPS-LENSES-OEM-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2557b78b0fQQitemZ160385436431QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

These same parts for any of our vans is quite cheap compared to these
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Post by texasjohn Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 pm

i dont mind buying off ebay so much but its a pain in the @$$ to post and sell. Everytime you turn around theres another charge for something, then if you accept paypal the charge you for that....no wonder people want so much, the time and charges arnt worth the effort sometimes....just my 2 cents.....dang....see....another charge...........
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:22 pm

i dont mind buying off ebay so much but its a pain in the @$$ to post and sell. Everytime you turn around theres another charge for something, then if you accept paypal the charge you for that....no wonder people want so much, the time and charges arnt worth the effort sometimes....just my 2 cents.....dang....see....another charge...........

I think Thats why Craigs List is so Popular Now !!!!!!!!

texasjohn
    texasjohn

Post by texasjohn Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 pm

yeah, craigslist is great if you only trying to stay local......

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm

I like ebay. I got most of the parts for Vanishing Breed on ebay including the motor and trans built the way I wanted them, the gold chandeliers, the fireplace, all the door and window rubber, dash skirt and mufflers and the entire Pioneer sound system. I got the motor for my 65 on ebay too, also the diamond plate cabinets all the route 66 stuff, the driving lights etc. etc. There are two or three guys on ebay that always try to gouge the buyers and then gouge you again on the shipping.
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:51 pm

I admit to recently buying the aforementioned mirrors off e-bay for $200+, but I have been looking for these for over a year, in pretty much any condition, and have lost several bids on ones that still needed work to bring them up to snuff. These were rechromed, with new glass and rubber, and arrived in the exact condition they were described as. They are beautiful and need nothing, so to me it was a worthwhile purchase.

On the other hand I sold a rebuildable M/C to someone here at at least 1/3 less than I could have easily gotten on e-bay, but I'd rather help out one of our own than make money. In fact I parted out my parts van 100% to people on here (well, one Craigslist buyer too, now that I think of it). E-bay has it's place, especially for locating rarer parts that we wouldn't otherwise know about, but it does have it's downsides too. Like anything, buyer beware.

(And I would love to find a dash skirt in decent condition, but I'm not paying the stupid prices I've seen.)
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:30 pm

the whole internet in general has been great for all of us. Parts , knowledge, and getting with other people about these great vans. Parts is the biggie many a van would have never been finished without sites like this and ebay and also craigslist. Also it lets us know we are not alone in loving these old girls. If vanning ever really comes back the internet will have played a big part in it.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:16 am

may be the folks will start reproducing parts for us. it took a long time for mopars. 1st parts, n.o.s. , now catalogs . i own mopars and know how hard it is to get stuff. lets hope the big peaple are wacthing and start making stuff for the earlys..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:45 am