VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel

Tony the Tiger
    Tony the Tiger

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2021-02-09

Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel Empty Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel

Post by Tony the Tiger Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:02 pm

I promise pictures are coming soon!

The steering wheel in my van is missing some chunks and while it's no where near the top priority, it's annoyed my wife enough that she's decided she will pay to replace it. Now the problem is I can't find anyone selling one!

Called C&G and the salesman said the truck steering wheels are different. The picture looks similar but I will trust their experience.

Any sources you guys know of?

Thanks!
    1940willys
    1940willys

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-02-20

Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel Empty Re: Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel

Post by 1940willys Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:30 pm

I see some of the Hot Rod Experts on TV fix the Voids with PC7 or JB Weld epoxies. Looks easy enough. Give it a whirl!
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel Empty Re: Source for Reproduction Steering Wheel

Post by Barnabas Sun May 16, 2021 4:20 pm

2nd generation Econiline wheels can be used with the metal part from yours. They come in many colors.
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 am

FYI,,,   ALL 1961 to 1974 ECONOLINE steering wheels are from the same mold and all are identical to each other in that respect. Beginning in 1967 Ford ADDED an emergency turn signal unit which uses a different brush contact than the 1961 to 1966 Econolines used by moving the contact ring from the turn signal itself to a now added contact plate under the steering wheel itself. SAME STEERING WHEEL but now painted in different colors AND the added plate. Same wheel, same brush and black insulator but added horn contact.  MEANING THAT you can use ANY 1967 to 1974 Econoline steering wheel by removing the added horn contact plate and using it in any 1961 to 1966 Econoline using the non E signal turn signal unit. If you have a 1967 then simply use it with its added horn contact for your turn signal unit.  
    OLDSKOOLSource for Reproduction Steering Wheel 67_ste10
    [

savage, gmytych, Vanner63, gsnyder67, jrdunn96 and gunther911 like this post

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Post by Vanner63 Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:26 am

Thank you for that info OldSkool. Smile
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:16 pm

I have a few of them, fair condition, usual minor cracks,,, email if??????? $75 plus the ride
    Oldskool,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:44 pm