VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Steering Wheels

southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Steering Wheels Empty Steering Wheels

Post by southern man Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm looking to replace my stock wheel because not only is it cracked but I want a nicer looking wheel and hub. In looking for wheels I see there seem to be standard sizes of 13 1/2" & 15" with dish depths of 2" to 4" (and in between). (I only started looking.)

How are the wheels measured? Inside or outside dimensions? Depth from bottom of rim to top of hub? Any suggestions for a good size to use? I would like a wood rim wheel, but its not mandatory.

I have a horn hooked up to a separate button on the side of the column mount, so I don't care if the horn button works (but would be nice I suppose).

Steering Wheels Empty Re: Steering Wheels

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

jeff got your message don't know the brand of the pipes.cost is not important when you want a certain look keep looking and a deal will come.they do not turn color from heat.sound is what people here before they see me .Running a 302 connected to a aod tranny
    southern man
    southern man

Post by southern man Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:26 am

Bump. I still am looking for a new steering wheel. Seems like I saw someone post the part number for a grant wheel hub kit, but can't find it with the search feature. Grant has a nice wooden one for not too much money, but I'm still not sure about the size (diameter and depth - the grant wheel I'm looking at is 15" in diameter and 4 1/8" dish - would this work on my '64 Econo?i).

Any help would be appreciated!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:38 am

I know I posted the part number months ago. I will look around and see if I can find it.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:45 am

southern man
    southern man

Post by southern man Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks Mike. I ordered it.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:22 pm

I forget exactly which but its either the Grant kit for a 67 Econoline or the one for a 69-74 that works. Either one will require a mod to make the horn work. There are posts about it at the oldeconolines site in the archives Im sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:20 pm