VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points?

nyc108hopeful
    nyc108hopeful

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2018-05-14

Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points? Empty Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points?

Post by nyc108hopeful Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 am

I am trying to plan a custom seating arrangement but I have never see how the rear bench(es) attach to the floor?

Anyone ever make a custom setup?

My plan would be able to move a bench to it faces the side doors for beach days and have a 2 seater L-off that with some space.  Like a living room that can be shifted around.

Can someone take some close ups of the floors and attachment points and post them?

Any good sources for aftermarket benches?  I did find nice 2 seaters for jeeps.

Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points? 61-4T8PPoNL._SX425_
    nyc108hopeful
    nyc108hopeful

Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points? Empty Re: Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points?

Post by nyc108hopeful Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:34 am

Dawgboy
    Dawgboy

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points? Empty Re: Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points?

Post by Dawgboy Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:29 pm

I put a seat in from a 1997 Astro custom. Just through-bolted to the floor with giant washers on the bottom. Used Grade 8 hardware.

Around Page 4, you can see pics of how i did it.

Dawgvan
    nyc108hopeful
    nyc108hopeful

Post by nyc108hopeful Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Dawgboy wrote:I put a seat in from a 1997 Astro custom. Just through-bolted to the floor with giant washers on the bottom. Used Grade 8 hardware.

Around Page 4, you can see pics of how i did it.

Dawgvan

Appreciate it. Any special locking hardware to make sure it doesnt vibrate loose over time?

Oh the possibilities....

Rear seat attachment? Custom attachment points? S-l500
    Gileadgarage
    Gileadgarage

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2013-09-11

Post by Gileadgarage Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm

I made custom brackets (very stout!) for a Ford truck bench seat and just bolted it through floor with large/heavy fendr washers. No worries about it loosening, but do have some lock washers on it. No pics at the moment but I think it can be seen in my project thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 pm