VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+15
Lazarusvan
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
redsockss
wylee
wdaguy
m1dadio
61econoline
wideload
crazee
ViewMaster
kookykrispy
wacko
G-Man
DanTheVanMan
billski
19 posters

Automatic Transmission Swap and More...

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 Empty Re: Automatic Transmission Swap and More...

Post by G-Man Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Bill I noticed something with the van now. Seems to be too much tread on them rear tires. I think you'll have to fix that this weekend. Very Happy
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 Empty Re: Automatic Transmission Swap and More...

Post by crazee Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:20 am

YES very, very nice indeed!
    Smile
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 am

Looks great Bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still one of my favorite vans !!!!!!!!!!!

61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:48 am

good lookin van
    billski
    billski

Number of posts : 262
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by billski Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks everyone! Too much tread G-Man? I'll take care of that but not until I break in the trans. Mechanic said take it easy for a few hundred miles. But I'll make up for lost time eventually - especially during the Woodward Cruise!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:21 pm

That is one clean machine!

B
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks B and everyone else for the nice comments. I am so thrilled with the van - moreso than ever. I have a few more things to do before the Baker's show this coming Sunday. And several more things to do before it's finished. HA HA HA! It will never be FINISHED! I will post some more pics soon of the shifter with the boot installed and, hopefully, with the surfboard installed inside the van.
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Billski that is one nice van, I like that shifter. I was checking them oout on line and I figure thats the most sensable way to go. It has part revers lock out and a nutral safty switch.

What length cable did you get? Did the cable come from lockar as well? What length is that shifter handle?

M1D
    wdaguy
    wdaguy

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by wdaguy Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Looks great.. and I hate widow vans. What size tires are you using on the 17 inch rims?????? Are those polished or chrome? Sweeeeet!
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:32 pm

m1, we used an 8 foot cable but it wasn't from Lokar. I think the mechanic got it from Summit. The shifter is the 16 inch size and works nicely. I don't have to reach or lean too far to shift. So far very happy with everything.

wdaguy, I never was a fan of window vans either until I bought this one. Now I love them! Although I'd like to add a cargo van to my collection of one. But with the economy that may never happen. The tires are all the same size and are 275/50R/17. The wheels are polished.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:39 pm

I also wasn't a fan of window vans, but all that change after seeing billski's Sportvan. Now I look at all of them and see what they can be.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:33 pm

I love it...but being a window van guy my view is biased...heh.
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:44 am

A few more pics of my van, shifter boot, and the surfboard I mounted to the inside of the van. Surfboard painted to match the van. Looks cool. Didn't have to make any cuts, holes, etc., to the interior to mount it. Can be easily removed it I so choose.[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/9[url=https://servimg.com/view/13965106/41]Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 102_01256/51/06/102_0124.jpg[/img][/url]Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 102_0127Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 102_0126Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 102_0128

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:57 am

The Silver Surfer, dude! Great job. Makes me want to bury mine in the backyard! Thanks! Laughing Really, they don't get much nicer.

B
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 am

nice job mr. bill...
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate the nice comments.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:32 pm

I really like the back seat. I hope to have mine redone soon and I was thinking of a diamond pattern like that.
    wdaguy
    wdaguy

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by wdaguy Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:27 pm

So you can surf in Michigan?
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Of course you can! I surf (the internet) everyday! As far as real surfing is concerned I have sticker with a guy in a wheelchair on a surfboard that reads..."SURFING IMPAIRED - TOO OLD - TOO FAT - DON'T CARE"
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Bill, you could always wait for winter and head to Boyne Mtn........ santa

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Nice.. looks great.

I really like the board too. Nice touch.
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Tue May 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Well if you read my posts from last year regarding the trans swap, I had a few issues that needed to be resolved. Had the van back to the mechanic and trans guys...after adjustments, tweaks, seals, gaskets...got the van back and it's great! Shifts perfectly. No leaks. I'm a happy camper, or more appropriately, a happy vanner. Time to detail, wax, etc., and get ready for cruising season and, of course, Baker's!
    redsockss
    redsockss

Number of posts : 123
    Registration date : 2010-06-03

Automatic Transmission Swap and More... - Page 2 Empty Cost

Post by redsockss Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 am

Not to but into your busienss but what did it cost to go from the 6 to the V8? I want to do the same. BTW< great color on your van. I'm going to do the same color on my panel van.
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2011-03-06

Post by Rick's 66 Chevy Van Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 pm

hey Bill do you still have the wheels and tires that you had in the Member Gallery?How much would a set cost now?
    billski
    billski

Post by billski Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:03 pm

The wheels and tires I have on the van are not the same ones in the gallery. I now have 17 inch wheels and tires. Current cost? Not sure. When I bought my current set I got 2 of the wheels for $100 for the pair since someone else ordered them through Discount Tire and they didn't fit their vehicle. Then I got additional discounts on my additional wheels and tires because I have been doing business with the same store for many years and have bought countless wheels and tires over the years. Bill

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:33 pm