VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size

QCT
    QCT

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size Empty Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size

Post by QCT November 1st 2016, 07:02

In search of the exact size retaining nuts for the front FORD nose letters. These nuts are available all over the internet, just don't want to buy the wrong size.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size Empty Re: Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size

Post by Seth G November 1st 2016, 09:49

Take one and run to the hardware store, they should have them somewhere in the bins. Autoparts store may have them as well.
    QCT
    QCT

Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size Empty Re: Front Nose Letter Retaining Nut Size

Post by QCT November 1st 2016, 11:17

I did and can't seem to find them. AutoZone had a multi pack of sizes, but in that pack only three of the size I need. Plus they didn't have the rubber bumper on them. I can't seem to find them anywhere else.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas November 1st 2016, 14:49

I can't get to a van right now to verify, but the parts manual says 1/4" self-threading nut.

Search for Ford part number 371882-S7 on the following page for more information about the nut.
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/93224569/Standard-and-Utility-Parts-Catalog
    QCT
    QCT

Post by QCT November 16th 2016, 16:56

Barnabas, thanks or the information! I ended up settling on these that I found on eBay. Fingers crossed, I believe they'll work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142094741579?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2016-08-27

Post by Wolfster November 17th 2016, 03:52

Napa usually has them in bulk as do most auto body supply stores.

i gave up on the Autozone type stores years ago for these types of things as all they really sold were assorted packs.
    QCT
    QCT

Post by QCT November 17th 2016, 04:36

Went with the set on eBay because I struck out at both Napa and the local paint/body supply shop in town. The paint/body supply place found them in a book but weren't sure if they had the rubber insert. When they went to get a price it turns out they couldn't even order them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 18:20