VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

What trouble areas should I look for?

Moparmaniac
    Moparmaniac

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2016-02-01

What trouble areas should I look for? Empty What trouble areas should I look for?

Post by Moparmaniac Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm looking into buying an A100 van What areas do I need to check so I know whether to buy or not to buy 1.What are the most areas to check for rust other than the obvious areas?I'd appreciate any info.
    Thanks
    rustyspoke66
    rustyspoke66

Number of posts : 180
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

What trouble areas should I look for? Empty Re: What trouble areas should I look for?

Post by rustyspoke66 Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:13 am

Same as most any other vintage truck but one that comes to mind is the front shock mounts in the top of the fender well. I have had a few vans with the need for some major repair's in this location. The upper shock bracket can be very abused from a combination of rust and the shock movement.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

What trouble areas should I look for? Empty Re: What trouble areas should I look for?

Post by dix Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:49 pm

rust at the roof side of the rain gutters and the inside at the gutter area is a deal breaker, also look at the frame area. and 3rd is the rear leaf spring area and last is how bad the cab floor is

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:11 pm