VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop

Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop Empty Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop

Post by Seth G Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Just came across this, thought you guy's would like to know. $150

http://shop.wintecfabrication.com/product.sc;jsessionid=370B55BA89FB164B3FDFC1204593994C.p3plqscsfapp001?productId=40&categoryId=2

I don't think these are made for econolines per se but they fit econoline spindles, are 2.5"+ narrower depending on how they are measuring it and the effective drop over the oem econoline axle would appear to be less than 2". It also appears there may be an intereference with the econolines spring mount locations b/c of the length of the angle parts.
    FancyFlush
    FancyFlush

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2014-05-21

Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop Empty Re: Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop

Post by FancyFlush Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:53 am

good find, did you talk with the company to verify your claims?  Why does this only fit 64+ what's the difference?

This would be great for a rack and pinion conversion as you can weld anything onto tubes
    Seth G
    Seth G

Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop Empty Re: Aftermarket Econoline Tube Axle with 4" Drop

Post by Seth G Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:46 pm

The problem is the width and possible spring mount issues. Not sure why 64+, maybe b/c the king pins are different for 61-63's. I assume the 68 is a mistake. I haven't talked to them, just stumbled across it. I think this was made b/c alot of hotrodders have used econoline straight axles over the years to make gassers and so on.
    FancyFlush
    FancyFlush

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2014-05-21

Post by FancyFlush Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:30 am

Explain the width and spring mount issues.  Is it too short?  From the pics there are no spring mounts so I'd assume you could attach it anywhere.

I emailed them, they didn't reply.
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Yeah you would weld on the spring mounts but it looks like they would have to go to far inboard to line up with the leaf springs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm