VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

speaking of vibration enbro

jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

speaking of vibration enbro Empty speaking of vibration enbro

Post by jkr Sat May 09, 2009 4:56 pm

just got out from under my truck. when i put it in storage last year it wasn't running very well and had a miss. i figured it was water in the fuel and didn't worry to much about it. well today cylinders #1 #7 #4 and #6 were not firing correctly. after trying to adjust the timing and carb i realized it was low on engine vacume hence the strange misfire on those four cylinders. did not think it could be carbon on the valves ( new engine to start last year ) because those four are all fed by one side of the carb ( holley 2 bbl ) so i started looking there. sure enough the throttle plates five screws that go into the main body of the carb were loose. not enough to see or hear it sucking air but just enough to lean out the four cylinders in question. the carb was rebuilt too for the new engine by me so i have to look in the mirror to deal with the big dummy who does my work. the gaskets drying out and vibration caused my problem and after a quick carb screw tighting now it sounds just like it did last spring. now if the upholstry shop would get my new carpet in i'd take it for a spin jut to see how good it does run............

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:23 am