VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Identification Plate Information

WARRANTY#
    E14TH336907

WB=090 COLOR=T MODEL= E143 BODY=89A TRANS=2A AXLE= 01

Also...Were the 2 additional turn signal lights factory? My goal is to see just how pure this van is.

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline 713

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty I am replying to myself with the image I forgot to add.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 pm

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Front_15
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty Re: I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline

Post by Vanish Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Rick That's one sweet Ford Van !!! them extra signals on the front aren't stock but the Mirrors are .... NICE.....

gp70
    gp70

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty Re: I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline

Post by gp70 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:37 am

Rick, there may be other sources but theres a group, a yahoo group I think called something like " www.oldeconolines " or something similiar. Don English is the man you need to contact. This info is a little dated but you can try the email address I have and see what happens.

don@mootech.net
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldeconolines/

Don also has compiled an extensive list of older econoline part numbers.

GP70
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Don English has fallen on poor health and no longer does VIN decodes. Mark at Oldeconolines@yahoogroups.com does them now. Also the ICC lights on front below windshield were a stock item if so ordered that way. Ugly yes for sure.

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty 1965 Ford Econo Shop Manual

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Per my shop manual.
    E14 = Reg Van, T = 6 cly 170CID (lV), H = Lorain Plant, Numbers = Consecutive Unit Number.
    E143 = Reg Van, 89= Std Van, A = 3-sp Ford Std, 01 = 3.50:1 Axle ratio.
    Since the WB is missing it would be a Falcon Bus or Club Wagon.
    The first unit number for August 1964 was 580000, so the years would be 1964 or earlier.
    I could not match the other code in the 1965 Shop manual.

Hope this helps.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:54 pm

wow...
    thats nice, do you have any interior pics?? Shocked
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Rick,
    The van is a 1963, Sept 1962 delivery date. Original color was Sandshell Beige, 170 engine, 3 speed manual transmission with a heavy duty clutch and 3.50 light duty rear axle. There should be one more line of data that would give the engine HP, RPM and DSO.
    Fred

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty Thanks for all the help with the VIN.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:29 pm

I am getting real familiar with the van lately. I rebuilt the carb cause it was sending fuel both inside and outside the engine. Next is an exhaust leak to repair. I took the belly pan off and started replacing all belts and hoses due to dry and cracking conditions. She had older bias ply tires and now has a set of new radial skins. I will probably have the radiator punched and the fuel tank cleaned soon. All in prep to have the van ready to drive to the Lake City (North Seattle Area) car show in August. I didn't see any econo's or other vans at the Greenwood show (also North Seattle) last week. Maybe all the vans were at a better show.

I was wondering if I could get some help determining the actual year of my Econoline Empty vin plate location

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:18 pm

I am new to the Vintage Van scene. I have a 1964 Econoline at least I think its a "64" . I have the vin numbers but can not find the plate can anyone tell me where to locate this please, and if anyone could help me to decode it. The vin is e14th509783
    Thanks Sean
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Vin plate is either on drivers door edge or the drivers door jamb depending on the year.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks EconoUSAparts for the reply but it is not on the door ore jam I've looked everywhere I could think the vin would be placed by ford even the engine bay. All I know is its a 64' with a 170c.i.d. and a three on the tree.

Thanks again Stubbi
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Ok,so no VIN plate but if its got a hump in the floor for the bell housing the VIN will be stamped on it(65-67 models). If non hump(61-64),its under the lip of the doghouse only visible after scraping off the tar seal. Another spot is on the rear brace inside by the tail lights,maybe have to sand it to make it visible if painted a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:11 pm