VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission?

Vancy65
    Vancy65

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission? Empty Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission?

Post by Vancy65 Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi vanners,
    I'm overhaulin' my 3.03 tranny for my '65 heavy duty. Dissambled it, checked the gears and bearings, everthings fine. I ordered a gasket and seal kit for the regular 3.03 Ford trannys but the output seal doesn't fit. The special Econoline tail housings seem to have a bigger seal than the other Ford 3 speeds.
    Now I like to know where to get this extension housing oil seal. Good American quality prefered. I already checked Macs, CG and Rockauto.
    Thank you all and greetings from Germany
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission? Empty Re: Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission?

Post by Seth G Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:18 pm

Not sure but you may check for the seal using a truck with the 3.03 like f100
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission? Empty Re: Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission?

Post by RF Man Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:11 am

You might try Toploader Heaven---I've never used them,but I've heard that they can get anything toploader related.
    Mike
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Where do I find seals for my Econoline 3 speed transmission? Empty seals?

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 am

How about ebay? also  likely - just remove  the old seals  & get over to a wholesale bearing house!! Only thing xtra -would be any paper seal  that might be needed ?? That seal -should have a # on it!! here - all we do is get to a bearing & seal house -yet in german land -im sure you likley have same there too! cheers
    cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by cali2chitown Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 pm

NAPA part #16871 for tail shaft seal
    Vancy65
    Vancy65

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

Post by Vancy65 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Thank you all.
    Seth, I didn't knew what type the F100 driveshaft is but it seems to be the same like our vans, also with the slip yoke.

Cali2chitown, thanks for the number. I think I try that part. I'm going to Cali in october and will visit a Napa shop then.

Twinpilot, I tried ebay.com but I failed. The one I got was to small. The one I removed just had the fomoco logo on it. It was hard like a rock and when I pulled it it broke into a thousend pieces. The problem here in german land is the metric system, you can't get American standard parts on every corner.

And thanks, Mike, for the adress, I put it on my list for the next tranny job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:20 am