VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Camping in a non canper van

VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Camping in a non canper van Empty Camping in a non canper van

Post by VanninBlaino Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Hey everybody! Me and my two brothers are taking a 49' Chevy truck, 67' GMC C10 and my 67' A100 on the Hot Rod Power Tour coming up soon. I have plans for sleeping arrangements, but any ideas/advice is appreciated! I do not want a oemranent bed inside, Inwill hopefully be taking it all out to show the car, then put it back to drive and sleep. I'm planning on a low profile air mattress.

My main questions/concerns are the heat. What do you all do for any type of a/c or to make it less hot? Swanp coolers? A/C off a generator?

I'ce read about leaving a door open and back in the day they made clip on or magnetic nets to put over the door openings? I dont want to leave a door open and have the morning dew or rain fall onto my door panels. I do have 4 pop out windows.

My setup is the 2 front seats and a bench seat in the rear. I'm planning on (haven't measured or test fitted) sleeping facing he rear of the van with my feet going back under the bench seat towards the front.

So, any of yall have experience or advice?

Thanks!
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Camping in a non canper van Empty Re: Camping in a non canper van

Post by diamond dave Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:19 pm

I made screens for my popout windows.cut screens and sewed earth magnets in the corners to attach to the doors. you have to have something open to let air in, or youre gonna roast in there. swamp coolers work well in the southern climates. I also have the front vent under my dash in my chevy. not sure about the dodges. 12 volt fans also circulate air, and make things a little more bearable.
    I do hit a lot of truck ins in the summer time, so I also carry a 100 ft. extension cord and a 110 volt fan for places that I can plug in.
    good luck.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Enjoy = Ruffing it!! us old guys learned long ago - theirs a great motel =always --& if you book online they give a discount too!! I like =Motel 6!! internet , Continental bfast & coffee- and always conviently located with that online discount!! In the mornings after a solid nites rest & without all the noise & people , bugs, & sirens- Evil or Very Mad - Im ready to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! cheers
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Plan A is towing a pop up camper behind the C10. Plan B is hotel or motels. Plan C is each of is ruffing it somewhere. Hahaha! But thanks for the info Dave. Greatly appeciated!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 am