VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

brake line & engine harness routing

jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

brake line & engine harness routing Empty brake line & engine harness routing

Post by jdlaugh Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Anyone have pictures of the routing for the front brake line to the passenger wheel and the engine harness back to the alternator and starter solenoid after it passes through the floor? It seems like there should be hangers to hold the brake line and harness in place, but I took things apart a couple years ago and not sure where they mount and the exact route from one side to another.

I kick myself for not taking pictures before I started tearing everything out... Rolling Eyes

Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

brake line & engine harness routing Empty Re: brake line & engine harness routing

Post by Seth G Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm glad you asked this, I'm in the same boat
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

brake line & engine harness routing Empty Re: brake line & engine harness routing

Post by econopoor Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:34 pm

I can get you some pictures tomorrow if you can wait.

jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Post by jdlaugh Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Tomorrow would be great. Any help would be better than flying blind! Very Happy
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Post by jdlaugh Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Found this image posted by Old Skool while searching around. Looks like longer bolts to hold down the front of the doghouse, with nuts screwed on below to hold harness hangers. I don't see the passenger brake line in the photo, but I'm guessing it would also run along in front of the doghouse opening.

brake line & engine harness routing 100_1210
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:38 pm

Old Skools stuff looks much better than my rusty junk. The right front brake line runs across the bottom of the floorboard over to the right frame rail. Straight back through bulkhead that you see the wires and heater hoses running through. It turns and drops below the frame to the hose connector. It is secured to the floorboard with clamps on the bolts that hold the throttle shaft. It appears Vic has his brake light wiring harness is already bolted to the studs. You can just see a clamp his picture. I took some pictures of the two trucks I have at my disposal today but both have had the brake lines replaced and not routed back where they should have been. Not much use to us here. Hope this helps. Let me know If I can do anything else. I'll see if any of my trucks in my barn still have original routing.
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Post by jdlaugh Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks for trying. Since the harness and passenger side line run the same route across the floor, I mounted them together using padded clamps attached to the doghouse bolts.
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:41 pm

There's got to be a better pic than that out there. Straight stock. I may have my line but It's probably folded up...

It's funny, on jobs I always take tons of pics to CMA, but I don't have a one of this. lol
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:00 pm

I hope this helps, it is still original , the one thing I did notice is missing is an oval plastic bushing where the harness, and brake lines go through the frame . I hope these load right.

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2813

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2814

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2815
    brake line & engine harness routing Img_2816

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2817

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2818

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2818

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2820

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2821

brake line & engine harness routing Img_2822
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Thanks Bruce!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am