VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
AZ SuperVan
bluesprint260
6 posters

4 on the tree parking brake routing?

bluesprint260
    bluesprint260

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2018-06-22

4 on the tree parking brake routing? Empty 4 on the tree parking brake routing?

Post by bluesprint260 Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 pm

I have acquired a four on the tree shifter and rods with the hope of installing a three speed with overdrive. I don't really know how the shift rods are arranged as the third shift rod I assume would go into the leftmost of the three holes on the shift rod bracket below the rad. But that is where my e brake cable currently runs... a direct path through the pulley on the bottom of the ebrake handle, through the leftmost hole, through the hole on the crossmember, and then to the yoke at the rear of the vehicle. How does the ebrake cable and shift rod use the same hole? Or does the shift rod use the hole on the upper right of the bracket? Does the Dagenham setup have a different parking brake arrangement. I have a Dagenham I am interested in selling if you need a spare. Shift rod and ebrake cable removed in image. Image is not of my van but of the van the four speed came out of.

4 on the tree parking brake routing? Img_3511

Thank for the reply

Joel
    AZ SuperVan
    AZ SuperVan

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2013-09-12

4 on the tree parking brake routing? Empty Re: 4 on the tree parking brake routing?

Post by AZ SuperVan Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:45 pm

following
    bluesprint260
    bluesprint260

4 on the tree parking brake routing? Empty Re: 4 on the tree parking brake routing?

Post by bluesprint260 Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Does no one have a 4 speed? I guess the question I am asking is; What route does the e-brake cable take on the Dagenham equipped Econoline? Or , Does the third shift rod go through the hole closest to the radiator on the Dagenham equipped Econoline?

Curious to know

Joel
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 pm

I've always wondered about using a 4 spd toploader.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:28 pm

bluesprint260
    bluesprint260

Post by bluesprint260 Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Thanks I think it does help. Looks as if it goes through the two lower right holes, and the one that is above the lower right hole. You have to click on the original image to see the other hole. It would leave the lower left hole for the brake cable.
    shaneaus
    shaneaus

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2020-02-18

Post by shaneaus Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:41 pm

If you ever decide you want to get rid of that "4 on the tree" shifter please let me know. I've been looking for one for awhile!
    chrlsful
    chrlsful

Number of posts : 181
    Registration date : 2014-04-22

Post by chrlsful Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 am

shaneaus wrote:If you ever decide you want to get rid of that "4 on the tree" shifter please let me know.  I've been looking for one for awhile!
    Yes, in all of autodum there are few '4 on the trees'.
    I knew of one european (Brit? German?), seemed like the 50s...
    I think it was rare but didn't a 'falcon ranchero' have 1 in USA (again rare)?
    Love to hear more as "Y not a 4?"

My faves are the older-on-the-columns when the linkage is exposed down the side of the steering post (or whatever it's called) 'external'. (Just call me "Jack-a-Thread Chad").
    Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm