VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

some ideas.

mariovan
    mariovan

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2015-02-11

some ideas. Empty some ideas.

Post by mariovan Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:00 am

Hello

I found what looks to be a 1965 chevy van. Got to talk to the owner and asked the question,
    He is using it as a tool shed, claims the engine was overhauled sometime when he was driving it. and he told me he does not want to sell right now.

what has worked for you guys to keep in touch with potential sellers? should I go back and bug him? or do I just let some time pass by? how much time? dont want to annoy him.

It happened to me before, with an A van, saw it inside a yard for years, went to ask about it, no sale, and before a couple of months it was gone to the scrap yard.

- did first gen vans came with back-up lights?
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

some ideas. Empty Re: some ideas.

Post by Vantasia Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:40 pm

'66's came with BU lights...I have a similar situation near me, guy has a rusted out '67 108 loaded with scrap metal and other junk, basically a shed with many useful parts for others but several attempts to contact, notes at door, contact a friend who knows him have all been fruitless, even tried a note telling him this van would live on in the several others it helps to keep on the road from its parts, but says it was his father's and has sentimental value...as a shed....doesn't need money so it sits....guess it comes down to owner's needs, if they needed the cash, they'd jump on it....just wait and see....
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:54 pm

well,,,,,,,,maybe tell them that the van deserves  to be  on the road again  and maybe offer to buy them some sort of shed to take its place,,,,

some ideas. Shed10
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 pm

I have the same situation at my place. 2 x 67 Econolines sitting full of stuff. If someone were to buy me a shed to put all the car parts in I would be all over that in a heart beat. Great idea Donivan65. cheers
    mariovan
    mariovan

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2015-02-11

Post by mariovan Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:11 pm

well, I had been keeping track on a 70 vw westy for the last 7 years, (not the forum for this vehicles). Since it was close by I stopped to ask about it twice a week for the past 5 months or so. Friday night I rode my bicycle by that block, and no one was around. Well yesterday I just drove by and it was parked in front. already sold, 400 dlrs. One owner-dealer serviced-full camping gear-running condition-vw westy.

and back to original post. I went back and asked about that 65 chevy. they told me to not come back or else...
    Im thinking on having my van running and go show it to the owner, maybe that way he can open up and tell me about his van, take a couple pictures. could be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:44 am