VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Rear brake drums?

Cage Dave
    Cage Dave

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2014-07-11

Rear brake drums?  Empty Rear brake drums?

Post by Cage Dave Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Hello, new to the forum. I'm building a 62 falcon club wagon. Im switching out the 144 with a rebuilt 300. 3 speed n 9" I took out of a 66 van. Drums on the 9" had some chips frome someone that couldn't get them off. I went to two different part shops n they came up with the same smaller drumes. The ones on my 9" are deeper 3". I'm assuming it was a heavy duty application. Dose someone have a part number for napa or a place I can get them from?
    Thanks for any help
    Dave
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Rear brake drums?  Empty Re: Rear brake drums?

Post by Big W Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome to VV Dave. You may be able to get some parts in the "parts wanted" section. Post up the parts you need and those that have them will get back to you. When you can, be sure to post us a pic of your van cus we love pic's here. Lots of great help here, so be sure to check in often as this site is very active.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 pm

If the nine inch came out of an econoline the drums are the same size as the fronts rock auto has em I just rebuilt an econoline 9 inch rear they fit perfect.123.65007 is the centric part number 33.00 bucks from rock

Last edited by 61econoline on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
    Cage Dave
    Cage Dave

Post by Cage Dave Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you guys, I'll check it out. I'm trying to post photos but I can't seen to work that out. I'll keep working on that part. The van was exactly what I was looking for. 62 falcon with everything still there. It had very little body work to be done.
    Cage Dave
    Cage Dave

Post by Cage Dave Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Trying to post photos from my iPhone n iPad. I'm starting to think I can't. Is it a apple thing?
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

Post by Buzzard Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Check online against Rock Auto prices the kill you on there shipping charges. I think those drums are shipped out of Cal and depending on where you live shipping charges make them no longer a deal
    Cage Dave
    Cage Dave

Post by Cage Dave Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:45 pm

There shipping to me was only 12.28 for two drums. At $30 each I'm good with that. Parts shop by me was $48 each for the skinny ones.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Cage Dave wrote:Trying to post photos from my iPhone n iPad. I'm starting to think I can't. Is it a apple thing?

It does work, mine is very slow, its not quite the same as the pc but try a couple more times....once it uploads maybe highlight the middle one , copy , and then paste that link.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Sometimes there is a 7 day waiting period for pics and links. If you have pics you can PM me and I can send you my email adress and I'll post them for you or anyone else for that matter will help you out as well. Let us know and we'll post them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:39 pm