VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Pop out window seals?

Malone10
    Malone10

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-11-19

Pop out window seals?  Empty Pop out window seals?

Post by Malone10 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 am

Ok so i know no one makes the pop out window seal that connects to the body of the door (the window frame. Restoration Specialties is selling two seals for each window (so there are three seals for each pop out window?) They sell the seal that holds the window but i don't see two seals going around the window. Anyone got a picture? or know what i'm talking about?
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Pop out window seals?  Empty Re: Pop out window seals?

Post by Seth G Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm

There is a seal that holds the window in the frame, a seal that snaps into a groove around the window frame and a U shaped seal with a pronounced lip on the outer edge that wraps around the sheet metal lip/opening in the door. I believe it's the last seal there that can't be found. I've heard that some chevy astro van window seals work in place of that one. If you do a search on here you should find the details of that.
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Seth G wrote:There is a seal that holds the window in the frame, a seal that snaps into a groove around the window frame and a U shaped seal with a pronounced lip on the outer edge that wraps around the sheet metal lip/opening in the door. I believe it's the last seal there that can't be found. I've heard that some chevy astro van window seals work in place of that one. If you do a search on here you should find the details of that.

It is the Astro sliding door seal that seems to fit I got some from a local pick and pull and they seem to be the right size. I only test fitted them so far. I have not cut and glued them in yet.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

There's a seal between the glass and metal frame and another seal around the outer perimiter of the metal frame. I have those 2 seals in stock. I'm still working with Restoration Specialties to get the 3rd (body seal) perfected. What they have sent me so far hasn't been acceptable to me so they keep trying. Last week they told me they think they have it figured out but I've heard that a few times before over the last couple years but I keep hoping it happens eventually.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:28 am

Hey Tim,
    Has RS said anything more about the vent window seals. Last I heard it was over their heads and they were going to an outside source to have them made. Everybody I know is looking for a good seal that works.

Duane in Tennessee
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:13 am

econopoor wrote:Hey Tim,
    Has RS said anything more about the vent window seals. Last I heard it was over their heads and they were going to an outside source to have them made. Everybody I know is looking for a good seal that works.

Duane in Tennessee

Duane, the outside sources they tried couldn't do it either. I believe they have given up on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am