VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

super coolant

JOHNFIELY
    JOHNFIELY

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2012-08-30

super coolant Empty super coolant

Post by JOHNFIELY Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 am

Ive read up on this and besides being expensive it seems like a magic bullet for us vanners overheating problems. EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT
    Its been around awhile but i just found out about it 3 weeks ago from a racing company here in okc.   someone else read up on it and see if you can find any bad things about it because i haven't. i plan on ordering some this weekend.
    FCC
    FCC

Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2014-04-29

super coolant Empty Re: super coolant

Post by FCC Fri May 23, 2014 10:16 am

Seems to be pretty popular across the board(s). With a quick google scan, I saw it mentioned in many forums for many makes, and didn't pick up on any negative comments...
    jazzcat
    jazzcat

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2014-05-03

Post by jazzcat Fri May 23, 2014 10:36 am

I use Redline WaterWetter, in most of my cars and motorcycles...... don't expect the advertised 30° drop.... I use it more for eliminating the hot spots around in the cylinder heads.

and It looks like the Evans advertises the same benefit although the increase in the boiling point is looks promising.

Chris
    JOHNFIELY
    JOHNFIELY

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2012-08-30

super coolant Empty coolant

Post by JOHNFIELY Thu May 29, 2014 5:50 am

well the coolant came in and i followed all instructions by draining all old coolant. i filled up my new alumiun radiator 350 engine and ran down the road in my 64g10. before after running down the highway at 65 for 30 min with the outside temp of 91 my temp was 195. when i stopped it would go up to 200. with the new coolant it does the same. after i stopped a friend got under the van and placed a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator raising the temp to 225. we then took the radiator cap off and watched the coolant flowing. there was no pressure in the system. we took the cardboard away and replaced the radiator cap with aluminum foil...no pressure cap and drove home. on the 30 minute drive home my temp stayed 195 to 200. so far im convienced its good stuff. my oil temp always stayed around 9 degrees under the water temp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:49 am