VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Gas tank vent hose

dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Gas tank vent hose  Empty Gas tank vent hose

Post by dulcimerbob Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 am

I am working on my fuel system and noticed a rubber hose hanging down under the gas tank. It went from there into hole on the frame . Is this the vent hose for the tank? If so where does it
    terminate after passing thru the frame? Thanks

Gas tank vent hose  Empty Re: Gas tank vent hose

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:40 am

That hose should go up into the frame through one of two holes in the body near the filler hose ... it runs adjacent to the door post and then does a u turn between the two door hinges and comes back down .... it exits the body through the second hole, the turn is held on by a clamp that's attached to the frame rail and the hose gets stuffed into the hole in the frame rail with a 45 degree cut on the end so it won't suck up to something flat ... I have a pdf from greater minds than mine you can have ... just PM  me and pay it forward ... that angling hose needs to go to the tube on TOP of the tank ... otherwise you get crud in the  tank if it's not attached ... I have that pdf and six tanks here if you need photos ... if yours is a shorty or p/u you won't be able to reach over the tank because of a cast iron counterweight blob bolted to the bus above the tank between the frame rails ... the Supers apparently didn't have that ... you'll have to drop the tank ... and be mindful of not pinching the hose when you put the tank back in place ... another word of advice is that a heater hose replacement will not work if you intend on taking the hose to the original place in the frameworks ... the O/D is too large and you'll need a thin wall hose to accommodate the task ... it'll spawn a myriad of other driveability issues ... if you want greater range contact Fred C for his Cougar tank conversion ... I've been running one for years ... Kentucky Mustang was the cheapest place to get the tank ...

don't know much I a beginner but I knows whats I knows
    dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Post by dulcimerbob Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks . got it cleared and the van beast is running ! cheers 

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Well there we are ... hope that post helped a bit ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm